8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » General Yak   » The Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: The Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian
David Park
Master Film Handler

- posted June 05, 2008 07:39 AM      Profile for David Park   Email David Park   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The premiere of this new film takes place this month at the O2 Arena, London, how do they do a film there for 10,000 people?
Anyone experience of a film there?

--------------------
Regards,
David

|  IP: Logged

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted June 05, 2008 09:34 AM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sadly, "Prince Caspian" did rather poorly in america, but this was due to incredibly poor timing on it's release here. It was originally slated for release last December, but another release they're connected with "The Water Horse" was being released at the same time and the people associated with "Water Horse" wanted it released then. Water Horse only made 40 million, even without Caspian on the scene.

Now, Caspian had to deal with the likes of "Iron Man" and Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull", and so, it was doomed to not make a lot of money over here.

What astounds me is a much smaller film like "Sex and the City"
(which I refuse to see) was number one on it's first weekend, (it shows how much women go to see films, 86 percent of it's audience was women), and won over Indiana Jones for that second weekend. But Indiana Jones will do much better over the long haul than "Sex".

It also shows a problematic thing about modern films and what studio's have to contend with.

Modern audiences are so enundated with constant new things whether on DVD internet and such, that the likes of a "Raiders" film being in the multiplex for years, is nearly impossible. They seem to want something new every other day, and we, in our modern world have catered so much to this mentality, that the studio's have literally shot themselves in the proverbial foot.

--------------------
"All these moments will be lost in time, just like ... tears, in the rain. "

|  IP: Logged

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC