8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » General Yak   » Golden Age Of Comedy

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Golden Age Of Comedy
Graham Ritchie
Film God

- posted June 25, 2008 11:17 PM      Profile for Graham Ritchie   Email Graham Ritchie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Here are some amusing stills from the silent era.
 -
"Why Worry" 1923 Harold Lioyd breezes through a Central American revolution.
 -
Buster Keaton "The Frozen North" 1922 The sheriff of Yonkers.
 -
"Sunnyside", 1919 Charlie's first fans were armies of children.
[Smile]

|  IP: Logged

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted June 28, 2008 08:26 PM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Graham,

Wonderful captures of days gone by. I so long to have been born in either the late twenties or early thirties. I would have been VERY comfortable with it. Yes, no TV's but even if I was to travel back in time to then, knowing about TV, I really wouldn't miss it much.

I really envy those days.

--------------------
"All these moments will be lost in time, just like ... tears, in the rain. "

Joe Caruso
Film God

- posted June 29, 2008 09:51 AM      Profile for Joe Caruso     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
First watched Youngson's marvelous efforts about 1965 or so - While collecting films about three years prior, had I knwon to have the gumption of letter-writing, I would have trued sending notes to the then-surviving members of the Keystone Kops. Many of the silent-film actors were still around, I just didn't have the brains to think about it much. That and I wasn't certain on the years they were born to calculate age - Shorty

Graham Ritchie
Film God

- posted May 02, 2012 02:34 PM      Profile for Graham Ritchie   Email Graham Ritchie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
looking through old posts I came across some more old photos.
 -
Buster Keaton in "The General".
PS. The two disc dvd thats been out for a while includes a new 5:1 sound track with the Tokyo City Philharmonic, its very good.
 -
Our Gang from "War Feathers" 1926.
 -
Charlie Chaplin and Jackie Coogan on the set of "The Kid" 1921.
 -
The Second Hundred Years 1927 [Smile]

Hugh Thompson Scott
Film God

- posted May 02, 2012 02:38 PM      Profile for Hugh Thompson Scott   Email Hugh Thompson Scott       Edit/Delete Post 
That first picture Graham reminds me of some of the buildind sites
i've worked on,mechanisation, no problem,we don't have any,so
no problem.

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted May 03, 2012 01:23 PM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I think that if it wasn't for Youngston's films, that scene from "Battle of the Century" might not have been rescued! (Shorty could give better info on that) ...

Although, Blackhawk did an extroidinary job with it's 400ft edition of that film! (very rare and VERY pricey!)

--------------------
"All these moments will be lost in time, just like ... tears, in the rain. "

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC