8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » General Yak   » Kitty Galore

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Kitty Galore
Stewart McSporran
Master Film Handler

- posted August 23, 2008 12:39 PM      Profile for Stewart McSporran   Email Stewart McSporran   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thought you'd like to see a film star in the making!

We had to have our 17 year old cat put down recently, and, as these things often work out, we were offered a kitten a few days ago and here she is.

-

We've called he Purdey because she's cute and can take care of herself. (Every male Brit over 35 should get the reference) She's already scared the wits out of our other cat who's about 8 times bigger than she is!

I never thought I'd get to say this; but as I write I've got Purdey purring in my lap [Roll Eyes]

|  IP: Logged

Chip Gelmini
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted August 23, 2008 01:24 PM      Profile for Chip Gelmini     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yesterday I had my 12 year old Akita put down. She had been having trouble with her hips recently, going very slow up and down the stairs. It's not an easy thing to do, but it is the right thing to do what is best for our animals.

It will be awhile before I get another dog. But like your story, mine has a happy ending too. A neighbor on our street runs the local pound. I went to her house to bring food dishes and toys to make a donation, which she gladly accepted. She offered me the chance to volunteer at the shelter when I am ready to be with dogs again. I said after a much needed break that I would be happy to do so.

My dog has been gone for nearly 36 hours and it is still not easy for me. When I woke up this morning to take a leak, the first thing on my mind was to let her out for the same reason.

So you need whatever time it takes to move forward. But atleast I have plenty of memories, and that helps alot.

Thanks for sharing your story, and for letting me share mine.

CG

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted August 23, 2008 02:06 PM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
That's sad to hear, Chip, (as well as about the cat) ...

My story is similar ... excpet, in my case, it's a fish.

I had raised a Blue-gill in my fish tank from the time it was barely visible in the tank (very small), and it got up to a whopping almost foot long. It would always come up to the front of the tank when I came into the room, following my every move. His named was "Jaws".

About a month ago, I found a giant waterbug (a good three inches!) and thought it would make a good edition for thr tank, as it was fresh water. It almost immediately attacked my Jaws (or Jaws attacked it), and it stung Jaws.

What followed was a sad three days as the sting went from the tail (paralyzing it) and made it's way up the fish until I woke up one morning to find Jaws dead.

It was my own damned fault! I had that fish for a good six years and was a beloved pet. No, it not the cute cuddly kind of pet, but He was (was it a he?) my best pet!

Damn!

You'll defintely find a place in your heart for another Dog, I'm sure Chip. Perhaps he'll be smart enough to swtich on and off your entertainment equipment!

You know, set everything up on a push button basis, and he could turn them on and off with his little wet nose!

(Hey, I'm sure that it has been done!)

--------------------
"All these moments will be lost in time, just like ... tears, in the rain. "

Stewart McSporran
Master Film Handler

- posted August 24, 2008 04:00 AM      Profile for Stewart McSporran   Email Stewart McSporran   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sorry to hear that Chip. I'm pretty certain that, at the right time, one of the dogs in the pound will decide you're the one.

Osi, I've never heard of waterbugs, but they sound nasty.

On a related note - any other UK pet owners having major problems with fleas this year? (We have another, outdoor, cat who picks them up.) Usually it's a drop on the animal's neck and a quick spray around the house to control it, but this year we've been treating the place for over four week's now and are only just getting it under control. None of the usual off the shelf sprays seemed to work on these uber fleas and we had to get expensive stuff to deal with them.

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC