8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » General Yak   » Los Angeles' Metro

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Los Angeles' Metro
Maurice Leakey
Film God

- posted September 06, 2008 10:18 AM      Profile for Maurice Leakey   Email Maurice Leakey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I don't think I would feel safe travelling on Los Angeles' Metro because according to the remake of "The Italian Job" there is a direct connection to a storm drain!

Also, is the track paved over so that vehicles can drive along it?

Or is this just very loose artistic licence?

--------------------
Maurice

|  IP: Logged

Bill Brandenstein
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted September 08, 2008 12:52 AM      Profile for Bill Brandenstein   Email Bill Brandenstein   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You don't generally want to take LA locations at face value on TV or in movies. They do a briliant job of scrambling them most of the time. ...Although the driving on the subway stairs was real.

There are far more realistic reasons to not use a subway in LA (like the odd earthquake) since the storm drain is indeed an "artistic" license, using the term loosely!

|  IP: Logged

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC