8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » General Yak   » Guess This Movie

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Guess This Movie
Graham Ritchie
Film God

- posted September 26, 2008 11:36 PM      Profile for Graham Ritchie   Email Graham Ritchie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Pick the movie? the director? and the locatation?, note something special on the front of the camera and what is it being used for?
 -
.....all hands to hold the camera down while filming it.

|  IP: Logged

Martin Jones
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted September 27, 2008 04:54 AM      Profile for Martin Jones     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My guess is "Ryan's Daughter" (was it John Houston?) on the west coast of Ireland. Is it a windscreen wiper to keep the camera view clear (or to simulate the type fitted on ships?).

--------------------
Retired TV Service Engineer
Ongoing interest in Telecine....

Michael O'Regan
Film God

- posted September 27, 2008 09:28 AM      Profile for Michael O'Regan   Email Michael O'Regan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes, I was also thinking David Lean and RYANS DAUGHTER in Ireland.

Don't know whats going on with the camera, though.

-Mike

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted September 27, 2008 10:08 AM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
That does appear to be David Lean, Love His movies, but deucibly awkward to release as full features on Super 8, so wonderfully dang long!

--------------------
"All these moments will be lost in time, just like ... tears, in the rain. "

Martin Jones
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted September 27, 2008 10:41 AM      Profile for Martin Jones     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Oops! I should have known it was David Lean, not John Houston.
Must have subconciously thought of that superb performance by JOHN Mills!

martin

--------------------
Retired TV Service Engineer
Ongoing interest in Telecine....

Graham Ritchie
Film God

- posted September 30, 2008 06:07 PM      Profile for Graham Ritchie   Email Graham Ritchie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yep... its "Ryan's Daughter" and director David Lean and company are hanging onto the camera, note the specially designed revolving windscreen in front of the lens. This spins at high speed and flings off the spray by centrufugal force.

Graham. [Smile]

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC