8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » General Yak   » Profiles

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Profiles
Martin Jones
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted October 05, 2008 09:02 AM      Profile for Martin Jones     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Time to put the cat among the pigeons! We all know the way celebrities publicize themselves..... just how many of you out there are going to confess to using an old photo on your profile?

Martin

--------------------
Retired TV Service Engineer
Ongoing interest in Telecine....

|  IP: Logged

Graham Ritchie
Film God

- posted October 05, 2008 11:16 PM      Profile for Graham Ritchie   Email Graham Ritchie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well Martin [Wink] the only old photo of me is this one
 -
[Roll Eyes] heading of to a military base in my "army stuff", taken a long long time ago. I must be one of the oldest members on this forum, "note", I just said one off" [Wink] the american car in the background any idea the model? its from the 60s like me [Smile]
 -
today 56 years old with my... "film stuff"...gee...the years have passed.... what happened.... [Roll Eyes]

Graham.

Patrick Walsh
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted October 06, 2008 02:17 AM      Profile for Patrick Walsh   Email Patrick Walsh   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Nice photos Graham [Wink]
I was born in 1986 and am now 22 so I am a young one, I will try and find a suitable picture of me to stick on.
Pat

--------------------
"Raise The Titanic!", It would of been cheaper to lower the Atlantic!

Martin Jones
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted October 06, 2008 03:13 AM      Profile for Martin Jones     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm afraid I'm a lot older than that Graham; so old in fact that I daren't put a photo on my profile because it would eclipse the enjoyment all you collectors get from your horror movies!

Martin

--------------------
Retired TV Service Engineer
Ongoing interest in Telecine....

Steve Klare
Film Guy

- posted October 06, 2008 05:48 AM      Profile for Steve Klare   Email Steve Klare   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Graham,

The car in the top photo is a Ford Fairlane, Ca. 1964.

Either photo is great!

I'm 46. Depending on circumstances, some days I feel young, others ancient!

--------------------
All I ask is a wide screen and a projector to light her by...

Joe Caruso
Film God

- posted October 06, 2008 08:02 AM      Profile for Joe Caruso     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I sent someone my postcard picture and am waiting for its debut here

Graham Ritchie
Film God

- posted October 08, 2008 01:39 AM      Profile for Graham Ritchie   Email Graham Ritchie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks Steve for that information regarding the car, we had an american submarine base "Holy Loch" at that time so many of the cars were imported from the US, some did buy rare British cars like the early MG's to take back to the US. I think most of the navy personel did about a two year stint, looking back to those times, the 60s, it really does seem like a different world to how things are now.

Graham. [Smile]

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC