8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » General Yak   » November 32nd Northern Film Collectors Film Convention, Blackpool (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: November 32nd Northern Film Collectors Film Convention, Blackpool
Mike Peckham
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted October 29, 2008 11:31 AM      Profile for Mike Peckham   Email Mike Peckham   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Chris, guess I could keep my booking and find something to do in Blackpool on Saturday. Maybe find a cinema and watch a matinee [Big Grin]

Ok matey, will see you there. [Wink]

Mike [Cool]

--------------------
Auntie Em must have stopped wondering where I am by now...

|  IP: Logged

Christopher P Quinn
Expert Film Handler

- posted October 29, 2008 12:05 PM      Profile for Christopher P Quinn     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
COOL!!!!!!!!!! [Smile] [Smile] [Smile] [Smile] [Smile] [Smile] [Smile]

Chris.

--------------------
Chris Quinn Rides again.

David Park
Master Film Handler

- posted October 29, 2008 12:44 PM      Profile for David Park   Email David Park   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Consider the Tower, Wurlitzer in the Ballroom, fantastic Circus etc.

--------------------
Regards,
David

Mike Peckham
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted October 29, 2008 01:30 PM      Profile for Mike Peckham   Email Mike Peckham   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
David

You're right, I'm sure there must be loads to do in Blackpool. Have to confess though, the Wurlitzer won't be on my itinery; I hate organs!

Mike [Cool]

--------------------
Auntie Em must have stopped wondering where I am by now...

David Park
Master Film Handler

- posted October 29, 2008 02:15 PM      Profile for David Park   Email David Park   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sorry about that, I used to love in the old days when between the double feature up came the Wurlitzer in the large city center Gaumont.
I think the one in the Tower Ballroom is the same type with all the bells and whistles.

--------------------
Regards,
David

Christopher Way
Film Handler

- posted October 29, 2008 04:35 PM      Profile for Christopher Way     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
This is exactly what I have been trying to say. It is a long way to come for a Saturday night dinner (which is now full), and a Sunday event which finishes at 4 or 5pm. Followed by a possible 4 or 5 hour drive back south.

It has been indicated that the Blackpool Lights would have finished, (a main attraction in Blackpool), and it will be too early for Christmas shopping.

So to travel up, and then £80 per person for the hotel, without the NFCC dinner.

So why cannot the event be brought forward to October (only have one Ealing BFCC in May), so that visitors can make a weekend of it and have something to do if they miss the dinner, or do not want to attend the dinner. Again, like I explained with Ealing, it will get more numbers there.

Some have basically indicated by (oops, etc) that it would be better earlier.

Regards, Chris

David Park
Master Film Handler

- posted October 29, 2008 06:01 PM      Profile for David Park   Email David Park   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Its half term right now as soon as its over the Lights finish, which could be after this weekend or the one after. The hotels will be busy at this time and then busy at the Christmas. I guess the organisers get a better price deal from the hotel in this out of season during November. Also the hotel not want them in October, could be the event is on the first weekend after the Lights switched off.

--------------------
Regards,
David

All times are Central
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC