8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » General Yak   » In Memoriam Michael Crichton

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: In Memoriam Michael Crichton
Jean-Marc Toussaint
Film God

- posted November 07, 2008 03:09 AM      Profile for Jean-Marc Toussaint   Author's Homepage   Email Jean-Marc Toussaint   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Michael Crichton, the talented writer and director, has passed on nov 4 after battling cancer.
Known for his most recent production works such as E.R. and novels (Jurassic Park), the super 8 buffs that we are mustn't forget that some of his earlier directorial efforts, such as Coma and Westworld, are available as digests...
I'm sure our optical expert (hint, hint) will be able to tell us if other films directed by Crichton are available (I think "Runaway" is...)

--------------------
The Grindcave Cinema Website

|  IP: Logged

Christopher Way
Film Handler

- posted November 07, 2008 04:10 AM      Profile for Christopher Way     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Other books, made into films include, Rising Sun, with Sean Connery and The Great Train Robbery also starring Sean Connery. This is the Victorian Great Train Robbery. Both excellent films. Connery got the part in Rising Sun because of his role in TGTR.

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted November 07, 2008 10:20 AM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The fella took one big idea and milked it for all it's worth ...

Evil amusement parks!

Westworld
Futureworld
Jurrasic park
Jurrasic Park 2
Jurrasic Park 3

Now that's success! I'm glad that when they were writing Indiana Jones 4, that they shelved the idea of doing Indy in combination with Dinosaurs!

--------------------
"All these moments will be lost in time, just like ... tears, in the rain. "

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC