8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » General Yak   » Buying a Projector for 35mm films...

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Buying a Projector for 35mm films...
Vanessa Roa
Junior

- posted January 21, 2009 07:59 PM      Profile for Vanessa Roa   Email Vanessa Roa   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi, I'm new to this forum. I'm interested in buying a projector and I noticed that there aren't that many projectors in 35mm on ebay or... anywhere for that matter. How much would a 35mm film projector cost? [Confused]

--------------------
Fee-Fi-Fo-Fum!

|  IP: Logged

Paul Adsett
Film God

- posted January 21, 2009 08:07 PM      Profile for Paul Adsett     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Vannessa, and welcome to the 8mm forum. There are several members here who do in fact run 35mm, as well as 16mm, 9.5mm, and super 8mm. I believe that you can still get new portable 35mm projectors that are made in China. No doubt some forum members here, who are into 35mm projection, will be able to steer you in the right direction.

--------------------
The best of all worlds- 8mm, super 8mm, 9.5mm, and HD Digital Projection,
Elmo GS1200 f1.0 2-blade
Eumig S938 Stereo f1.0 Ektar
Panasonic PT-AE4000U digital pj

Douglas Meltzer

- posted January 21, 2009 11:40 PM      Profile for Douglas Meltzer   Email Douglas Meltzer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Vanessa,

Thanks for joining the 8mm Forum. A recent thread about portable 35mm projectors can be found here.

Doug

--------------------
I think there's room for just one more film.....

Barry Johnson
Master Film Handler

- posted January 22, 2009 07:13 AM      Profile for Barry Johnson   Author's Homepage   Email Barry Johnson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If you want a new one about 10000GP including lamphouse and xenon,then theres the rectifier....forget it!
Recon second hand ones usually fetch 500GBP+ but you would still need to get a suitable lamp source for it and rectifier if necessary.I wish you luck [Confused]

--------------------
Standard8 rules!!

Robert Tucker
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted January 22, 2009 07:30 AM      Profile for Robert Tucker     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Vanessa,

Please contact me via email as i think i can help you in locating a 35mm machine.

Vanessa Roa
Junior

- posted January 22, 2009 10:15 AM      Profile for Vanessa Roa   Email Vanessa Roa   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hahaha Barry you might have a point. I checked out Robert's thread it seems he got a pretty nice deal. Robert, how much did you spend on your projector? Looks VERY good.

--------------------
Fee-Fi-Fo-Fum!

Patrick Walsh
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted January 29, 2009 02:17 AM      Profile for Patrick Walsh   Email Patrick Walsh   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Vanessa
Yes I would recomend going down the same path as Robert did and getting your hands on a Spectra portable machine/s, I myself am in the process of buying a pair of Spectras from the factory.
They can also be hooked up to take 6000ft reels or used on a long play tower system using big 12000ft reels, I would recomend using a pair with changeovers if you are going to use them for home/private use [Big Grin]
Patrick

--------------------
"Raise The Titanic!", It would of been cheaper to lower the Atlantic!

Robert Tucker
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted January 29, 2009 07:56 AM      Profile for Robert Tucker     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Patrick,

Yes change over’s are the way to go, plus you have the fun and excitement of when the reel finally runs out if you will miss your cue or not, great stuff Hope you are well, so when do you think you’ll be getting hold of your Spectra’s or as they call them in china Jing Gang Shan!?!

Well I am in the process of doing a trial run before the summer comes along and I must say that they are so compact that they are really are designed to be carried around portable machines. Included in my set was a pair of rewinds, which you can clamp to any table service, which is quiet handy when you need to make up or break down a reel of trailers or adverts.

On another good note I have just acquired 750 35mm trailers all fairly new titles and some that have not been run which will certainly keep me busy thou it is something of a compromise since in the UK you can’t get hold of new 35mm features anymore. Thou as well as the trailers I have tons of day sets etc etc all Odeon related some brand new never run.

I do know one thing when you get into 35mm there is not comparison in quality. You will find yourself neglecting other formats for the big daddy and king of then all, apart from 70mm of course.

Patrick Walsh
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted January 29, 2009 06:43 PM      Profile for Patrick Walsh   Email Patrick Walsh   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Robert
I am organising a pair of machines at the moment through the Australasian rep for the factory, It will take a while to get here as the factoy does not ship air and will be coming on "the slow boat from China!" The factory calls them JGS model 2000 portable 35mm projectors, Also noticed on the factory's website they also make big commercial 35mm machines for permanant cinema usage.
http://www.81afpm.com/edyqc.htm

Yes 35mm does take over from the other formats, when I had my old Ernemann II 35mm projector I hardly ever went near the super 8 and as for the 16mm it became non existant! (changed habits now all 3 can run in harmony [Big Grin] )

Pat

--------------------
"Raise The Titanic!", It would of been cheaper to lower the Atlantic!

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC