8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » General Yak   » Mail excitment!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Mail excitment!
Patrick Walsh
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted March 26, 2009 07:12 PM      Profile for Patrick Walsh   Email Patrick Walsh   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Does everone elese get all excited one a package is on its way to you?
I have just brought from the UK a mint boxed Palitoy Talking Dalek!( new in 73! )
And I am now feeling like a kid at christmas! racing down to the mail box every day seeing if it has arrived!
Everyone at home thinks im mad but it's all part of the fun of buying things online.
Another exciting time is the orders from Derann's lists!! waiting and making sure the projector is in tip top shape before running the latest buys!!
[Big Grin]

--------------------
"Raise The Titanic!", It would of been cheaper to lower the Atlantic!

|  IP: Logged

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted March 26, 2009 07:29 PM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I know EXACTLY where your coming from Patrick!

Especially when it is an overseas package! Still waiting for that "Fog" and "Die Hard", and the neat thing is though it's frustrating
, everyday prolongs the suspense!

--------------------
"All these moments will be lost in time, just like ... tears, in the rain. "

Patrick Walsh
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted March 27, 2009 12:09 AM      Profile for Patrick Walsh   Email Patrick Walsh   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Should not be to far away now Osi........
Pat

--------------------

Joe Caruso
Film God

- posted March 27, 2009 08:58 AM      Profile for Joe Caruso     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I've been waiting on a package for some two years

Martin Jones
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted March 27, 2009 10:15 AM      Profile for Martin Jones     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Is that all?

Martin

--------------------
Retired TV Service Engineer
Ongoing interest in Telecine....

Joe Caruso
Film God

- posted March 27, 2009 10:16 AM      Profile for Joe Caruso     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Maybe a little longer, and I have the patience of an oyster

Dan Lail
Film God

- posted March 27, 2009 12:34 PM      Profile for Dan Lail   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
For a minute there I though this thread was about those late night TV adds. [Big Grin]

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted March 27, 2009 04:53 PM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Still waiting ... hee hee!

One of the problems with buying overseas, (or, I guess with any mail), is if you get your package in very good time, (especially from overseas), and then the next one, from the same destination, takes FOREVER to arrive.

You know your dealing with a honorable dealer or person ...
You know that the package has, in fact, been shipped ...

... and yet, a package can have a major difference in when it arrives, due to numerous variables; and this is especially true with overseas packages.

I have found, as of recently, that FedEx is not only cheaper than the regular post airmail, but it is also incredibly fast.

I sent a package to Germany from here in Idaho, (USA) ...
I paid twenty dollars less to mail it through FedEX ...

It arrived in three days!

I mailed to our own forum member Patrick ...
In this case, I paid as much as regular post ...

It arrived in a mere four days!

Patrick mailed off a day before I did ...
It still hasn't arrived.

This isn't due to Patrick at all, of course, (love ya dude! in a strictly friendship way of course ... you got ta be clear with that stuff, Hah!!), it's just so many variables ...

... and, if customs decides to be nosy, Gawd knows how long it will take!

That's it Joe, your two year late package is in the Bloody customs!

--------------------

Steven Sigel
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted March 27, 2009 05:13 PM      Profile for Steven Sigel   Email Steven Sigel   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Patrick - speaking of Dr. Who, I was pretty excited to get my hands on the sole existing print of the episode "The Lion" last year.

And I'd be really excited if the print of "Frenzy" that I paid David Guest $750 for over a year ago ever would turn up... (My guess is that he never sent it - he sent me a receipt and claimed he mailed it surface mail (even though I explicitly requested airmail), but then refused to do anything at all when it didn't turn up.)

Patrick Walsh
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted March 27, 2009 09:01 PM      Profile for Patrick Walsh   Email Patrick Walsh   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey Steve wow you are luck to get a DR WHO episode on 16mm, I have only ever come across the 2 60s Dalek features on super 8 and 16mm.
Osi the films should not be far away now.....
Pat [Big Grin]

--------------------

Steven Sigel
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted March 27, 2009 09:32 PM      Profile for Steven Sigel   Email Steven Sigel   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Pat,
I've actually got a lot of Dr. Who episodes on film -- but you are correct, they're nearly impossible to come by. I've been very lucky....

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted March 27, 2009 10:57 PM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Steven ...

I suggest you hunt down the Bas**rd, with such money on the line! At least we have all benefited from your information. Do not by from David Guest!

Meanwhile, the plot thickens!

--------------------

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC