8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » General Yak   » TADLEY 18TH APRIL 2009

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: TADLEY 18TH APRIL 2009
Mark Williams
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted April 19, 2009 06:05 AM      Profile for Mark Williams   Email Mark Williams   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I would just like to say a big thank you to Geoff Wheeler,Dave Locke and co for another superb day out!!

Picked up lots of bargains and there was a lot of 8mm film for sale from Buckingham,Rake etc including quite a few rarities such as TWINS OF EVIL on WALTON.

I hear a ELMO GS 1200 in need of attention/repair sold for £225!! someone got a bargain there!!

It was great to meet up with a couple of forum members too.

The 8mm show was superb and consisted of quite a few new releases of CHC German imports,here's the rundown..

BUMBLE BOOGIE-Extract from MELODY TIME 1948-New CHC release.
CORN CHIPS-Donald Duck cartoon with german tiles-New from CHC.
PATHE NEWS SPECIAL-THE DAVE CLARK FIVE-New from CHC.
DRACULA-1958-BFI 2007 re-release trl-lovely masked print!
MOUSE CLEANING-Classic politically incorrect T & J cartoon!
ROYAL WEDDING-FRED ASTAIRE-Extract

Its a shame Phil from CHC wasnt there to sell his latest releases as I,m sure he would have shifted a few copies of some of his new releases.

The Afternoon shows were also great starting with a 16mm show entitled BRITAIN AT WAR PART-3-THE FINAL YEARS,there was some really incredible colour WW2 footage shown,Geoff thanks for sharing these great reels!!

Finally Dave Locke presented his HD SHOW which presented various extracts from the latest Blu Ray releases and some oldies on the defunkt HD format inc IRON MAN,THE GETAWAY-1972,BLAZING SADDLES,DREAMGIRLS,GIGI,WALL-E and ended
with the last 20 mins of MAMMA MIA in true foot stomping style!!!

Those who werent able to attend missed a really cracking day out!

Looking forward to next years even on 28th April already!!!

|  IP: Logged

Christopher Way
Film Handler

- posted April 19, 2009 09:38 AM      Profile for Christopher Way     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Is there a website to the Tadley Meeting. And can you confirm that this is the Tadley in Hampshire. I only live in Bournemouth, had I known, I may have made the effort.

Thanks
Chris

Mark Williams
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted April 19, 2009 11:13 AM      Profile for Mark Williams   Email Mark Williams   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi-Chris,

Here's a link to the BFCC site,Tadley is listed under Other Film Collector events,its well worth a visit next year as its very local to you.

http://www.bfcc.biz/

Cheers MW

Mark Mander
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted April 19, 2009 12:39 PM      Profile for Mark Mander     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Mark,
First time for me there and i thought it was a small event but a good atmosphere and i enjoyed the film shows i saw. That GS was even cheaper than that at £220,i was so close to buying it myself but it did need a bit of work,a good spares machine really....Mark.

--------------------
Elmo GS1200 1.0 lens
Elmo ST1200HD 1.1 lens
Sankyo 800 1.0 lens
Elmo 16CL
Elf NT1

Mark Norton
Master Film Handler

- posted April 19, 2009 02:00 PM      Profile for Mark Norton   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Amongst the many bargains to be had as well as the £220 GS1200 there was the optical feature of James Bond "Russia With Love" for £35, and some nice 16mm & 8mm projectors that were selling well, amongst them a very impressive Fumeo (911?) which sold early on.
A nice pub lunch from the full bar service in between the enjoyable film shows made for an enjoyable day out. Entertaining HI-Def performance demonstrating the possibilities of showing extracts from many Blu Ray and HDD in one screening without breaks. Many thanks to all those involved and look forward to seeing you next year.

Michael O'Regan
Film God

- posted April 19, 2009 02:16 PM      Profile for Michael O'Regan   Email Michael O'Regan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Was there much 16mm for sale there? Which dealers attend?

-Mike

Mark Williams
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted April 19, 2009 02:33 PM      Profile for Mark Williams   Email Mark Williams   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Mike

There were lots of 16mm features for sale,many more than 8mm features for sale.

Maurice Andrews had a very good selection for sale at bargain prices too.

Mark

I,m glad you enjoyed your 1st Tadley,blimey that GS 1200 was very temping indeed!!

Cheers MW

Adrian Winchester
Film God

- posted April 20, 2009 02:39 PM      Profile for Adrian Winchester     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I found it particularly good for 16mm this time - in fact everything I bought was on 16mm. I picked up some nice obscure shorts - the sort of items you only find on 16mm. Most were from Maurice Andrews or Mr Smith from Pinedene Films - who only brings about 0.1% of his stock to Tadley!

--------------------
Adrian Winchester

Christopher Way
Film Handler

- posted April 21, 2009 10:30 AM      Profile for Christopher Way     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Mark Williams.

Thank you for the information on the Tadley Meeting. I shall keep my eyes open for the next dates, and hopefully will be able to make a visit, in particular to meet some of you guys.

Regards,
Chris

Mark Williams
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted April 22, 2009 05:00 PM      Profile for Mark Williams   Email Mark Williams   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Chris,

No problem,look forward to seeing you at the next at the next Tadley event then.

Mark,

What was that 8mm optical print of FROM RUSSIA WITH LOVE like then?

Cheers MW

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC