8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » General Yak   » Apollo 3D Movie Viewer

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Apollo 3D Movie Viewer
Trevor Adams
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted May 31, 2009 06:23 AM      Profile for Trevor Adams   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Around 1981 "Movie Maker" had a write-up and picture of a super 8mm hand-held 3D movie viewer.The film cartridges available were mostly boxing ones. The unit was made by the Hong Kong firm,Apollo.If anyone has the mags from this period I'd be much obliged if they would look this gadget up for me.:-)Regards,Trev

--------------------
Trevor

|  IP: Logged

Trevor Adams
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted January 19, 2012 04:22 AM      Profile for Trevor Adams   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Gee,I must be the only person in the world who has seen this MM article! [Roll Eyes]

--------------------
Trevor

Joe Taffis
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted January 19, 2012 03:03 PM      Profile for Joe Taffis   Email Joe Taffis   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Trev, I had a lot of catalogues and lists back then; but the only mag I subscribed to was SUPER 8 FILMAKER. I don't remember seeing this item; but I would have been interested as I've always been a 3-D and boxing fan. I don't know if MOVIE MAKER was available in the U.S.A.?

--------------------
Joe Taffis

Panayotis A. Carayannis
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted January 20, 2012 08:41 AM      Profile for Panayotis A. Carayannis     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Trev,
I have a complete run of MOVIE MAKER. I will look up for the copy and e-mail it to you. (i.e. are you still interested?)

Panayotis A. Carayannis
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted February 06, 2012 03:42 PM      Profile for Panayotis A. Carayannis     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have leafed Movie Makers from '80 to '83 and have not found the piece you are interested. Are you sure of the (approximate ) date?

Trevor Adams
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted February 07, 2012 05:29 PM      Profile for Trevor Adams   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Excuse the tardiness of this reply.Well you have checked out the mags and so have I recently(a friend's collection of quite a few).Like you,I had no luck.It could be in a late 1970s mag-in the News and Photokina pages maybe? Very very frustrating,eh?

--------------------
Trevor

Trevor Adams
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted May 03, 2014 05:15 PM      Profile for Trevor Adams   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Panayotis,were you able to search through the MMs of the late 1970s?regards
Trevor

--------------------
Trevor

Trevor Adams
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted November 18, 2014 08:32 PM      Profile for Trevor Adams   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
There is a photo of this gadget in the Oct 1984 issue [Smile]

--------------------
Trevor

John Richard Almond
Expert Film Handler

- posted November 19, 2014 02:57 AM      Profile for John Richard Almond     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
ive had a quick look around and found this page.

http://www.filmstips.com/page-6.php

Not sure if thats any help

Trevor Adams
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted November 25, 2014 03:55 PM      Profile for Trevor Adams   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks John...but it is my website. I took that photo from the Oct '84 MM! [Wink] Trev

--------------------
Trevor

Winbert Hutahaean
Film God

- posted November 25, 2014 09:03 PM      Profile for Winbert Hutahaean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Trevor...oooow...so that is your website...Amazing!

I found a page dedicated for 8mm, so after you sold all your films to me, did you start re-collect the same hobby again? what genre are you collecting now?

cheers,

--------------------
Winbert

Trevor Adams
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted November 27, 2014 05:10 PM      Profile for Trevor Adams   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Win,I've always been a bit fascinated by odd and unusual animating gadgets.The toy-type viewers and projectors were part of my childhood. Not many of my "toys" work very well [Roll Eyes] but there you have it!
Here is my other website,
http://www.cinedux.com
Merry Xmas,Trevor

--------------------
Trevor

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC