8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » General Yak   » A question about ebay from an ignoramus.

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: A question about ebay from an ignoramus.
Martin Jones
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted June 05, 2009 03:24 AM      Profile for Martin Jones     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I ask this on General Yak because I refuse to get involved in other people's disputes, but can someone tell me what being "registered with ebay" entails?
I have never sold on ebay, but I have on rare occasions purchased. In order to do so I have to have a user name and password; is that not "registration"? If it isn't, does that mean I need to do something else before the refund and disputes facilities can be invoked? Or is the person who suggested that in another thread MISTAKEN?
Martin

--------------------
Retired TV Service Engineer
Ongoing interest in Telecine....

|  IP: Logged

Michael O'Regan
Film God

- posted June 05, 2009 07:30 AM      Profile for Michael O'Regan   Email Michael O'Regan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If you have a username and password, thats it, you're registered.
You don't need separate registration to buy and sell, if thats what you mean, Martin.
You can use the dispute console if you're registered.

Martin Jones
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted June 05, 2009 07:59 AM      Profile for Martin Jones     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thick as two short planks, that's me , Michael. Thank you for your reply. What I was trying to establish was whether "registration" was actually needed in order to BUY. I know I cannot "sell" or "watch" items or create "favourite lists" without it, amongst other things, but when I "buy" is that registration needed as an essential part of the process?
Martin

--------------------
Retired TV Service Engineer
Ongoing interest in Telecine....

Stewart McSporran
Master Film Handler

- posted June 05, 2009 12:26 PM      Profile for Stewart McSporran   Email Stewart McSporran   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Registration is mandatory to do anything on E-Bay; buying or selling.

Tom Photiou
Film God

- posted June 07, 2009 11:17 AM      Profile for Tom Photiou     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Have to say i was also very jubious about e-bay and its paypal but having bitten the bullet and had a go its not too bad, you just have to be careful when buying.
Selling (so far) has been trouble free for me. [Wink]

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC