8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » General Yak   » UP

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: UP
Graham Ritchie
Film God

- posted September 02, 2009 02:21 AM      Profile for Graham Ritchie   Email Graham Ritchie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If you haven't been to the movies in a while [Roll Eyes] pencil this one in, both "Walt Disney Pictures" and "Pixar Animation" have really scored a hit with "UP" although not released here till 10 Sept I managed to fine time to test screen our print [Cool] ..its great... both adults and children should enjoy this one. "UP" has an excellent story although a bit sad just at the begining as what is protrayed "growing from young to old" is very true to life and it really does hit you. The voice of "Carl" is by Edward Asner..remember him? plus many more including Christopher Plummer do a fine job as we travel on a journey with Carl and company to South America with his old house held up by lots of balloons. The music is also excellent and stands out as being very much in the mood of the film.

Well thats a rough idea what its about I would rate it as one of the best "Pixar" have done, plus there is a superb short film on the front called "Partly Cloudy" if there was ever a short that should be released by Derann on Super8.... well this has to be the one.

I notice the release date in the UK as the "9th Oct 2009"

Graham. [Smile]

|  IP: Logged

Steve Klare
Film Guy

- posted September 02, 2009 08:35 AM      Profile for Steve Klare   Email Steve Klare   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
This is an excellent film. I'm reluctant to say it's the best Pixar since so many of them have been so good, but I can't argue too strongly that it isn't.

The thing about it is for the little kids in the audience there is all the action and bright colors, but for the adults there are the themes of loving people and losing them, and getting older and even sometimes feeling the world closing in around you. Anybody that's lived any kind of a life can relate to these things. It's still a great animated fantasy, but it's talking about things a lot of us think about a great deal.

I have a personal gripe with this movie. I have film already shot of a ride up a mountain on a cog railway I took a year ago. I was going to call the finished film "Up!"....now what?

--------------------
All I ask is a wide screen and a projector to light her by...

Bart Smith
Expert Film Handler

- posted September 02, 2009 08:59 AM      Profile for Bart Smith   Author's Homepage   Email Bart Smith   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
I have a personal gripe with this movie. I have film already shot of a ride up a mountain on a cog railway I took a year ago. I was going to call the finished film "Up!"....now what?
Well here in the UK we use the phrase "Up yours!" sometimes, maybe you could call your film that?

--------------------
www.bluecinetech.co.uk

Steve Klare
Film Guy

- posted September 02, 2009 10:10 AM      Profile for Steve Klare   Email Steve Klare   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It wasn't my mountain or my railroad...

maybe "Up theirs"!

--------------------
All I ask is a wide screen and a projector to light her by...

Graham Ritchie
Film God

- posted September 02, 2009 07:40 PM      Profile for Graham Ritchie   Email Graham Ritchie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Forgot to mention, look out for Disney's "The Princess [Wink] and the Frog" later this year we are running the trl on the front of "UP" and it looks really good, nice to see Disney using traditional animation.

Graham. [Smile]

[ September 03, 2009, 11:21 PM: Message edited by: Graham Ritchie ]

Robert Wales
Expert Film Handler

- posted September 03, 2009 10:48 PM      Profile for Robert Wales   Email Robert Wales   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Wrong sex, Graham - it's The PRINCESS & The Frog ! : )

Graham Ritchie
Film God

- posted September 03, 2009 11:20 PM      Profile for Graham Ritchie   Email Graham Ritchie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks Robert.... I better change it [Roll Eyes] [Smile]

David Kilderry
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted September 05, 2009 08:48 PM      Profile for David Kilderry   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It is one of the best. The story in the first 20 minutes or so whould make a great 600 footer too.......if maybe a little downbeat.

It is packing them in at the drive-in at the moment, hundreds of cars in last night.

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC