8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » General Yak   » This Is It

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: This Is It
Graham Ritchie
Film God

- posted November 02, 2009 03:42 AM      Profile for Graham Ritchie   Email Graham Ritchie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Went to our hairdresser this morning and talked as you do about movies [Roll Eyes] and he just happend to mention the Michael Jackson one doing the rounds "This Is It" as really good, well in the afternoon my better half "the wife" and I visited the nearby "Reading" cinema.

"This Is It" was recorded during the rehearsal for his tour, both picture and sound [Eek!] was amazing "Christie VP" and I would say the best couple of hours I have spent at the movies in years. If you have not yet seen it then go, its brilliant Michael Jackson was an incredibly talented guy and seeing him work out with the dancers half his age was something. I liked the edit mix of old B/W gangster movies which had Humphrey Bogart and Edward G Robinson with Michael Jackson it was very well done. There is so much going on in this movie that I am definitely going back again this weekend my daughter wants to come this time. Its really tragic to see all the work that went into it by everyone, the dancers, musicians, so many people that were involved for a tour which never happend. The movie is full of some great numbers and dance routines and if you have only thought about going so far then... "Beat It"...to..."See It".... [Wink] you wont be disapointed.

Graham. [Smile]

|  IP: Logged

Mike Peckham
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted November 04, 2009 11:15 AM      Profile for Mike Peckham   Email Mike Peckham   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I would never have considered myself a Michael Jackson fan, but when he died I was struck by just how many of his records I was familiar with and fond of. My personal favourite being Earth Song.

I think I feel the same way about the movie, it's not something I would have considered watching when he was alive, but now that he is gone I think I might feel more of a connection with it as there is no doubt about it, love him or hate him - Michael Jackson touched a lot of lives.

I'll reserve my verdict though until I've seen it [Wink] .

Mike [Cool]

--------------------
Auntie Em must have stopped wondering where I am by now...

|  IP: Logged

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC