8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » General Yak   » FIrst Post

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: FIrst Post
Stewart John Boyle
Expert Film Handler

- posted November 05, 2009 09:04 AM      Profile for Stewart John Boyle   Email Stewart John Boyle   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi everyone, :)
This is my first post on your excellent forum,and would just like to introduce myself to all the members.
My name is Stewart Boyle and live and work in Scotland,I have been a projectionist for over 20 years and share the love of all things movie related like everyone here. I am currently in the process of bringing my movie mistress home,much to the annoyance of my long suffering wife. I am on a tight budget but hope to pick up a bargain of two(fingers crossed).
As well as super 8 i am thinking of having a video projector too,I have seen online a budget Clearco hd9000 projector for sale at http:/visualtronic.co.uk. I realise by the spec its not gonna blow my roof off but would welcome the forums opinion as to wether to save my money or give it a go.
Thanks again for allowing me to join and look forward to everyones valued opinion.

--------------------
I`ve, seen things you people wouldn`t believe,

|  IP: Logged

Christian Bjorgen
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted November 05, 2009 09:30 AM      Profile for Christian Bjorgen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Welcome Stewart!

I know how you feel, my fiancee isn't too fascinated by film either [Razz]

--------------------
Well who’s on first? Yeah. Go ahead and tell me. Who. The guy on first. Who. The guy playin’ first base. Who. The guy on first. Who is on first! What are you askin’ me for? I’m askin’ you!

Stewart John Boyle
Expert Film Handler

- posted November 05, 2009 09:59 AM      Profile for Stewart John Boyle   Email Stewart John Boyle   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks Christian!
I hope my wife will change her mind with the bribe of a few bags of butterkist :)

--------------------

Joe Caruso
Film God

- posted November 05, 2009 07:11 PM      Profile for Joe Caruso     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello from America - I collect 8mm, we're having a show in New Jersey come December 5th and 6th - Stay in touch - Cheers from Shorty

Stewart John Boyle
Expert Film Handler

- posted November 05, 2009 07:21 PM      Profile for Stewart John Boyle   Email Stewart John Boyle   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Many thanks Joe,I think this forum is about to deprive me of many hours of sleep [Smile]

--------------------

Joe Taffis
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted November 05, 2009 07:52 PM      Profile for Joe Taffis   Email Joe Taffis   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Welcome aboard Stewart....if you haven't done so already, along with the current stuff there's a lot of previously posted information available here using the 'search' feature.... [Smile]

--------------------
Joe Taffis

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted November 05, 2009 10:44 PM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
A fine hello to our newest member. Welcome and may tyou have as much fun as we all tend to have on almost any given day!

--------------------
"All these moments will be lost in time, just like ... tears, in the rain. "

Jean-Marc Toussaint
Film God

- posted November 06, 2009 12:24 AM      Profile for Jean-Marc Toussaint   Author's Homepage   Email Jean-Marc Toussaint   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Welcome Stewart, this is a very friendly community.
Collecting several formats and supports is quite common among members here. My Kinoton FP23 has been a faithful workhorse for some years, now. And it runs side by side with a Panasonic VP and Elmo super 8 and 16 projectors.

--------------------
The Grindcave Cinema Website

Michael Beyer
Expert Film Handler

- posted November 06, 2009 03:27 AM      Profile for Michael Beyer   Author's Homepage   Email Michael Beyer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Welcome from Germany, Stewart.
It is good to see, that the community is still growing.
I have the same problem with my wife. Don't want to say, that he doesn't like it, but it is not hers.
Anyhow I can spend some Euros for my hobby every month [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

--------------------
Just remember the time when Home Cinema was not a disc...keep perforated

Gian Luca Mario Loncrini
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted November 06, 2009 04:04 AM      Profile for Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Author's Homepage   Email Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Benvenuto, Stewart!

--------------------
I remember when I was (super) 8 years old...

Paul Adsett
Film God

- posted November 06, 2009 07:38 PM      Profile for Paul Adsett     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Welcome aboard Stewart,
You will find this a very friendly forum, within which resides a vast knowledge of all things super 8mm! This forum is a tremendous resource for all of us, and that includes you! As Joe says, use the search function to lead you to previous discussions on just about any aspect of the hobby. It is without doubt the leading film forum on the internet, all others pale in comparison - long may it continue!
I run super 8mm, 9.5mm, and digital video. They all co-exist happily together in my little theater, and you will find no one here doing any 'format' bashing - we all respect each others choices and preferences.
I envy you living in Scotland, which I think is the most stunning scenery in the World. Some of the happiest days of my life have been spent wandering among your heathered hills.

--------------------
The best of all worlds- 8mm, super 8mm, 9.5mm, and HD Digital Projection,
Elmo GS1200 f1.0 2-blade
Eumig S938 Stereo f1.0 Ektar
Panasonic PT-AE4000U digital pj

Stewart John Boyle
Expert Film Handler

- posted November 08, 2009 09:09 AM      Profile for Stewart John Boyle   Email Stewart John Boyle   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks everyone for the warmest welcome possible.

--------------------

Tony Milman
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted November 08, 2009 12:45 PM      Profile for Tony Milman   Author's Homepage   Email Tony Milman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi there and welcome as well!

--------------------
Tony

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC