8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » General Yak   » In the "If it Ain't Broke" Category: Changing Mickey Mouse?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: In the "If it Ain't Broke" Category: Changing Mickey Mouse?
Claus Harding
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted November 06, 2009 11:10 AM      Profile for Claus Harding   Email Claus Harding   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
....he's been good enough all these decades, now why this:

http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/tv/news/mickey-mouse-to-get-a-makeover-1816369.html

Even if it doesn't happen, the very idea tells you something about who is running things, and what their outlook is.
Take a time-proven icon known around the world, and decide he's not quite 'hip' enough anymore?
Oh well, they own him; they can do as they please, I guess.
Still, I hope they come to their senses.

Claus.

--------------------
"Why are there shots of deserts in a scene that's supposed to take place in Belgium during the winter?" (Review of 'Battle of the Bulge'.)

|  IP: Logged

Steve Klare
Film Guy

- posted November 06, 2009 11:32 AM      Profile for Steve Klare   Email Steve Klare   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
a more mischievous Mickey Mouse?

The world already has one,and his name is Bugs Bunny!

--------------------
All I ask is a wide screen and a projector to light her by...

Gian Luca Mario Loncrini
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted November 06, 2009 11:46 AM      Profile for Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Author's Homepage   Email Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I do agree with you, Claus.
Being a Disney supporter in every way, such an article like this just leave me surprised. Not in a positive way, of course.

--------------------
I remember when I was (super) 8 years old...

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted November 06, 2009 04:56 PM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm not too surprised.

Though Mickey was far more mischievous at the advent of sound, in his early years. He spit chewin tobacco, smacked around his girlfriend AND did assorted abuse on farm animals.

Though, if they actually re-design Mickey, you know, making him all hip hop and "In the Hood", I hope it completely backfires on them.

A classic becomes that way because it has certian time honored qualities that make it classic. Why potentially do a dishonor to a character that has brought in enormous income to the parent company which, even Disney stated ...

" Remember, this all began with a mouse. "

--------------------
"All these moments will be lost in time, just like ... tears, in the rain. "

Thomas Murin, Jr.
Master Film Handler

- posted November 06, 2009 05:20 PM      Profile for Thomas Murin, Jr.   Author's Homepage   Email Thomas Murin, Jr.   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It does not sound that serious. Besides, as the article states, if people don't like it Disney will be forced to go back to the way he was/is.

--------------------
My crummy Deviant Art account. Read my poetic tribute to the internet comic strip Ozy & Millie and view my crappy attempts at art.

http://cougartiger.deviantart.com/

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC