8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » General Yak   » Roy Disney

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Roy Disney
Paul Adsett
Film God

- posted December 17, 2009 08:35 AM      Profile for Paul Adsett     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Roy Disney, Walt's nephew, passed away today at age 79. Roy was a real force in the Walt Disney Company and a firm believer in the vision and values that Walt had established. Several years ago Roy became dissolusioned with the Company, saying it had become 'a souless conglomerate' and successfully mounted an internal revolt to kick out the top management. Roy also insisted that the Company return to its original roots, which was the creation of superb 2D animation. Thanks to his efforts the traditional Walt Disney animation unit has now returned to the Burbank studio, which created the just released and highly acclaimed The Princess and the Frog .

--------------------
The best of all worlds- 8mm, super 8mm, 9.5mm, and HD Digital Projection,
Elmo GS1200 f1.0 2-blade
Eumig S938 Stereo f1.0 Ektar
Panasonic PT-AE4000U digital pj

|  IP: Logged

Gian Luca Mario Loncrini
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted December 17, 2009 08:43 AM      Profile for Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Author's Homepage   Email Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
So sad piece of news...

--------------------
I remember when I was (super) 8 years old...

Michael De Angelis
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted December 26, 2009 12:20 PM      Profile for Michael De Angelis   Email Michael De Angelis   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks for sharing.

Indeed, Roy was an asset.

Roy suggested many musical sequences to be used in Fantasia 2000, and I was not fond to learn that Michael Eisner only accepted one Roy's input, on the Pines of Rome sequence.

I wonder how many other wonderful ideas were tanked by the conglomerate?

--------------------
Isn't it great that we can all communicate about this great
hobby that we love!

Jeroen van Ooijen
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted December 26, 2009 05:01 PM      Profile for Jeroen van Ooijen   Email Jeroen van Ooijen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Oh no,it was for me the only Disney that was famous from the Disneyfamily. [Frown]

--------------------
Super8 that's the greatest hobby in my life,i was 9 to have my first viewer from GAF.

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC