8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » General Yak   » Rules & Policy

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Rules & Policy
Wayne Kerr
Junior

- posted February 04, 2010 09:45 AM      Profile for Wayne Kerr     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Just read the rules and policy, very interesting reading, seems that its not followed by everyone on this forum, in particular one person.

|  IP: Logged

Douglas Meltzer

- posted February 04, 2010 11:29 AM      Profile for Douglas Meltzer   Email Douglas Meltzer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Wayne,

So your first post is a criticism?

Doug

--------------------
I think there's room for just one more film.....

Wayne Kerr
Junior

- posted February 04, 2010 11:32 AM      Profile for Wayne Kerr     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Doug

Not a criticsm just an observation, how would you see it, are the rules and policy not meant to be followed by everyone or are some people excempt.

Douglas Meltzer

- posted February 04, 2010 11:35 AM      Profile for Douglas Meltzer   Email Douglas Meltzer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Wayne,

Could you please contact me via my e-mail link before I delete this post?

Doug

--------------------

Douglas Meltzer

- posted February 04, 2010 11:56 AM      Profile for Douglas Meltzer   Email Douglas Meltzer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Please?

--------------------

Dan Lail
Film God

- posted February 04, 2010 12:29 PM      Profile for Dan Lail   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Torpedo off the starboard bow. [Big Grin] [Eek!] [Roll Eyes]

Michael O'Regan
Film God

- posted February 04, 2010 12:43 PM      Profile for Michael O'Regan   Email Michael O'Regan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
That name's gotta be false.
[Big Grin]

Douglas Meltzer

- posted February 04, 2010 12:45 PM      Profile for Douglas Meltzer   Email Douglas Meltzer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Michael,

Could be......

Doug

--------------------

Dan Lail
Film God

- posted February 04, 2010 01:11 PM      Profile for Dan Lail   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Doug,

I just noticed you sign your name at the bottom of the your posts. There's something suspicious about that. Is it a signal of some kind. [Roll Eyes] [Big Grin]

Brad Miller
Administrator

- posted February 04, 2010 02:38 PM      Profile for Brad Miller   Author's Homepage   Email Brad Miller       Edit/Delete Post 
Ignore "Wayne Kerr" guys. He is just a troll, most probably someone who got removed for breaking the rules and is pissed off. His registration info doesn't even match up.

Anyone with a small quantity of posts who makes comments like this is just a fake registration.

David Pannell
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted February 05, 2010 08:19 AM      Profile for David Pannell   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
However......Wayne Kerr DOES exist!!!

It is the name of a UK manufacturer of electronic instruments!!!

I use much of their equipment in my business - but I hasten to add that I am NOT the purveyor of these posts!!!

Cheers,

--------------------
Dave.

Valves and celluloid - a great combination!
Early technology rules OK!

Martin Jones
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted February 05, 2010 08:22 AM      Profile for Martin Jones     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Spot on, David..you just beat me to it. And BRILLIANT equipment they made too! Are they still around (it's nearly 40 years since I was involved with them)?
Martin

--------------------
Retired TV Service Engineer
Ongoing interest in Telecine....

David Pannell
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted February 05, 2010 08:26 AM      Profile for David Pannell   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes Martin. I actually served my apprenticeship with them in New Malden, Surrey. This was in the early '60s, and they were known as the Wayne Kerr Laboratories. I, believe it or not, actually worked for, and was partially trained by, Geoffrey George Gouriet, who used to lecture at the Royal Institution Christmas Lectures many years ago. He was at the time Technical Director of Wayne Kerr Labs. Then they moved to Tolworth/Chessington.

They have since re-located to Chichester, West Sussex, where they are to this day. They are now known as Wayne Kerr Electronics. You can Google them!

Out of interest, how were you involved with them?

(The perpetrator of these e-mails must obviously have some knowledge of this company)!

Cheers,

--------------------
Dave.

Bart Smith
Expert Film Handler

- posted February 05, 2010 12:15 PM      Profile for Bart Smith   Author's Homepage   Email Bart Smith   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well it may just be that my thoughts always tend towards the gutter, but I'm pretty sure that Wayne Kerr is a particularly British sort of pun, one which our American friends probably won't 'get' all that quickly...

--------------------
www.bluecinetech.co.uk

Martin Jones
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted February 05, 2010 12:28 PM      Profile for Martin Jones     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Again spot on Bart... and those of us here that watched "Hell's Kitchen" in its last series will remember the delightful Linda Grey ( Gray?)who stole all our hearts, was introduced to the word by Jim Davidson and went back to America proclaiming that it was her favourite of all the English words she acquired during her stay! [Big Grin]
Martin

--------------------

Douglas Meltzer

- posted February 05, 2010 01:12 PM      Profile for Douglas Meltzer   Email Douglas Meltzer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Bart,

Actually, I did pick up on the "pun" fairly quickly. As moderator, all I can do is give the person a chance to prove he's legitimate. Funny, I'm still waiting for that e-mail.

Wayne Kerr Electronics' USA headquarters is located in Woburn, Massachusetts. They are also in Palo Alto, California.

Doug

--------------------

Dan Lail
Film God

- posted February 05, 2010 02:55 PM      Profile for Dan Lail   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
His membership may be wayneing. [Big Grin]

Douglas Meltzer

- posted February 05, 2010 02:59 PM      Profile for Douglas Meltzer   Email Douglas Meltzer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You cur! [Razz]

--------------------

David Pannell
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted February 06, 2010 05:30 AM      Profile for David Pannell   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Note to Martin Jones - your e-mail address seems to be blocked! I have tried to reply to you, but keep getting 'Mail Undeliverable', - do we have a problem, Houston???

--------------------
Dave.

Martin Jones
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted February 06, 2010 05:47 AM      Profile for Martin Jones     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
David, It seems to be a System problem of the Forum, but be assured that your emails ARE reaching me just as mine are reaching you... the last on you sent makes reference to what I said in one to you.

blagdonian(at)btinternet(dot)com

--------------------

David Pannell
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted February 06, 2010 06:58 AM      Profile for David Pannell   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Cheers!

--------------------
Dave.

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC