8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » General Yak   » Ebay

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Ebay
Bob Pucci
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted December 16, 2010 07:13 PM      Profile for Bob Pucci     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Am I doing something on ebay.I sold an item and the buyer hasen't paid.The unpaid item assistant says it will open my case in 32 days.I don't want to wait that long.I had another case four months ago and that was opened in 4 days.Am I doing something wrong or did ebay change something.Thanks

|  IP: Logged

Larry Arpin
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted December 16, 2010 07:21 PM      Profile for Larry Arpin   Author's Homepage   Email Larry Arpin   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
That does sound wrong. You should re-visit the unpaid assistant. I'll take a look also.

You need only wait for 4 days to file a claim. If you wait 32 days it will be too late.

Here's what EBAY says:

If you don't receive payment, you can open an unpaid item case in the Resolution Center as early as 4 days or up until 32 days after the listing ended (or immediately if the buyer is no longer registered on eBay).

Note: This means you have to wait exactly 4 days before you can open a case, unless the buyer is no longer registered. For example, if the listing ended on October 5 at 11:15 am, you can't open the case until at least October 9 at 11:15 am.

Bob Pucci
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted December 17, 2010 04:44 AM      Profile for Bob Pucci     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Larry

Thanks for your reply.When I go to the un-paid assistant and try to open it,it won't let me.The message says that I have to wait 32 days.It also says something like to lower the opening days you have to lower your combined shipping.I tried that by lowing it from 32 days to 3 days,but it still won't let me.

Pasquale DAlessio
Film God

- posted December 17, 2010 12:06 PM      Profile for Pasquale DAlessio     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Bob

You can also request the buyers phone number in the help section and call him. It's under members information. I believe it's under :request members private info". You can get his number and state but not street. I assume you invoivced him more than once. Check his feedback undet buyer to see how he usually pays. Maybe something happened?

Happy Holidays!

Pat DAlessio

Barry Fritz
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted December 17, 2010 02:02 PM      Profile for Barry Fritz   Email Barry Fritz   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
What was the expected shipping wait? I had a similar problem once where the parcel post shipping max was listed as 30 days. I had to wait 4 days after that 30 days was past. This was in the past year or so. Maybe they have changed but if the terms of the sale stated you may not get it until 30 days, I can see how they would make you wait.

Mark Todd
Film God

- posted December 18, 2010 07:49 AM      Profile for Mark Todd     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hope it sorts but I think 4 days is a bit quick, maybe a family person and juggling monies etc, maybe not.

I had one or two people change their minds on a buy but just said no worries as its only people on there after all.

Have you sent a message asking when they are going to pay and if alls OK, I think thats a good start, they could even have online issues.

I had another chap say he realised he just couldn`t afford it after all, so fine.

With the crazily compulsive nature of film we film nuts all get a bit selfish odd times and maybe just wake up to that odd times too.

Good luck.

Best Mark.

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC