8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » General Yak   » Lucille Ball

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Lucille Ball
Graham Ritchie
Film God

- posted December 18, 2010 04:43 PM      Profile for Graham Ritchie   Email Graham Ritchie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I am sure many of you can still remember one of the most loved and I consider the best American comedian ever, Lucille Ball was a natural and her appeal was world wide. When you watch those old re-runs of I Love Lucy, Here's Lucy and The Lucy Show you can see why. Apart from those TV shows one movie both she and Desi Arnez made back in the 50s we still enjoy watching every so often and thats "The Long Long Trailer" some of the stuff portrayed in the movie many I am sure can relate to in real life. Years ago I had a B/W 16mm copy of the film but has long gone...anyone got a colour print? whats it like?.
 -
If your a fan check out this DVD its very good and was first aired in 1976 and is a tribute to Lucille Ball.
The following are from the movie we watched the other night.
 -

-

-

-

Graham. [Smile]

|  IP: Logged

Steve Klare
Film Guy

- posted December 19, 2010 06:24 AM      Profile for Steve Klare   Email Steve Klare   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hiya Graham,

I love "The Long, Long Trailer"!

I always remember his comment the first time he got behind the wheel and drove the monster off the lot:

"I wasn't sure if I was pulling it or it was pushing me!"

Every time my wife starts edging me towards a bigger camper I remember this movie and start pushing her back!

Lucille Ball was a genius right up there with Laurel and Hardy. She was funny without offending anybody, and in a way that was so good that when you see that I Love Lucy episode to 40th time over and even know what's going to happen as if you wrote it yourself, it's still funny.

I've been on flights back and forth to California and following the feature film they need some filler to keep the cattle (us!) calm between then and when the wheels come down. "I Love Lucy" is one of the programs they use the most for this. It's simple, familiar, comforting: much more that the paper thin blanket, the microscopic pillow or the envelope of peanuts they also give you.

--------------------
All I ask is a wide screen and a projector to light her by...

Shorty Caruso
unregistered

- posted December 19, 2010 07:54 AM            Edit/Delete Post 
Odd thing though, the 'Lucy' reruns never left the air for over fifty years, till just recently I noticed there are no more either with TV Land or Nick - She learned alot from Keaton, there's your answer too for artistry and decent laughter - Those people laid all the groundwork, nowadays it's all torn up - Shorty

IP: Logged

Pasquale DAlessio
Film God

- posted December 19, 2010 11:47 AM      Profile for Pasquale DAlessio     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Simply put in just a few words.....She was the best!

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC