8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » General Yak   » New Member

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: New Member
Andrew Zagame
Junior

- posted March 26, 2011 06:25 PM      Profile for Andrew Zagame   Email Andrew Zagame   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi, I'm Andrew Zagame. I'm 17 years old and I love old stuff. The following projector I own:
Chion sound 8000 Super 8
Hanimex Eiki 16mm
Cinko 8mm
Eumig 8mm

The reason why I am invole super 8 because of The Muppet Movie. I'm a BIG Muppet fan and want to be come puppeteer. Also I own Warner bros cartoons such as Bugs Bunny, Daffy duck and SheepDog. Beside the movie, I collected video games. I had about 32 console. Speaking of Muppet, I also collect Muppet and Sesame street 70s puppets plus I own 1964 Mattel Bugs Bunny talking puppet. One more thing you should know important about me, I am deaf but don't worry about me, I will be fine. Anyway, just want to say hi and hope to know each other.

|  IP: Logged

Bill Phelps
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted March 26, 2011 06:53 PM      Profile for Bill Phelps     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello Andrew! Welcome to the forum!

I too love the Muppets. I have done some puppeteering at my local church for the kids and I own four "muppet" style puppets. A grandma and grandpa and a boy and a girl. My brother and I are talking about making an original super 8 puppet film. But it is on the list of projects...and it's a long list!

I am curious about your interest in super 8 from the Muppet Movie...what is it about the film that got you involved in 8mm?

Bill [Smile]

Austin Holcomb
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted March 26, 2011 06:59 PM      Profile for Austin Holcomb     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
welcome im new here to havent got a film yet but im eagred

Andrew Zagame
Junior

- posted March 26, 2011 07:33 PM      Profile for Andrew Zagame   Email Andrew Zagame   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thank for warm welcome. Bill, the reason why I am involve super 8mm, 8mm and 16mm because I love old movie and even T.V show such as Hogans Hero, Get Smart or The Muppet Show. My favourite comdeian is JERRY LEWIS, he is so funny man and would love get his feature on super 8 or 16mm. Also I'm fan of warner bros cartoon and I have 12 bugs bunny films, 1 Daffy duck and Porkey Pig film, 1 Road Runner film and 1 SheepDog film. Plus Mr. Magoo cartoon and Star Wars 200ft version. Hope this clear answer your question.

Dan Lail
Film God

- posted March 26, 2011 08:06 PM      Profile for Dan Lail   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi, Andrew!

You have the collecting bug for sure. I find traveling into the past entertainment culture a safe rewarding area.

P.S. I like old stuff too! [Big Grin]

Winbert Hutahaean
Film God

- posted March 26, 2011 08:19 PM      Profile for Winbert Hutahaean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It is nice to meet the new bloods. This is what we need to this hobby, i.e young people who share the same interest with those old men. So that when we say "super 8mm will never die".

Welcome Andrew who is 17 yo, welcome Austin who is 13 yo.

Actually there is also another your member, Joshua Vega who is around 20s....but he is rarely seen now.

I wish the seniors will give their time (and patient) in sharing their knowledge of this hobby especially for those questions which may be heard to basic.

cheers,

--------------------
Winbert

Dan Lail
Film God

- posted March 26, 2011 08:23 PM      Profile for Dan Lail   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Andrew,

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain. [Frown]

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted March 27, 2011 09:00 AM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hah! at 45 I used to think I was one of the young ones, with the "classic era" collectors who were there when super 8 began being the "ancient, wise ones", and now, at 45, I'm the gramps with these young members.

However, welcome welcome welcome!

--------------------
"All these moments will be lost in time, just like ... tears, in the rain. "

Gregory S. Coad
Film Handler

- posted March 27, 2011 01:27 PM      Profile for Gregory S. Coad     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello Andrew, welcome to the forum.

You will find a lot of new friends here who will be eager to help you enjoy this wonderful hobby. If they don't have the answers they will direct you to someone who does. I got into 8mm at the ripe old age of 10 and now I'm a youthful age 66. I look forward to more of your posts.

Bill Phelps
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted March 27, 2011 06:44 PM      Profile for Bill Phelps     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Andrew....I have a 400' digest by Walton of The Muppet Movie and it is very well done and the color is perfect. I know someone else who has it and his is not faded either. I would recommend looking for a copy, you won't be disappointed.

I'm also a fan of Warner Bros. cartoons. That is some real genius at work. I like Tweety and Sylvester and I have 18 titles of them on super 8. I never get tired of running them....laugh every time!

Bill [Smile]

Andrew Zagame
Junior

- posted March 29, 2011 03:12 AM      Profile for Andrew Zagame   Email Andrew Zagame   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Again thank! Hey Bill, I've already own The Muppet Movie and I agree with you! It was the best colour and become my favourite!!!

Jean-Marc Toussaint
Film God

- posted March 29, 2011 03:58 AM      Profile for Jean-Marc Toussaint   Author's Homepage   Email Jean-Marc Toussaint   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Andrew, welcome.

FYI, a second reel of The Muppet Movie was released by Walton at the end of their reign. In my years of collecting, I've only seen it once (and it's in my possession).

--------------------
The Grindcave Cinema Website

Pasquale DAlessio
Film God

- posted March 29, 2011 01:05 PM      Profile for Pasquale DAlessio     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
HI Andrew

Great to have you in the Forum. You will find a "world" of information here. We need young people to keep the hobby alive.

Pat DAlessio

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC