8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » General Yak   » Strange Bit O ebay "censorship"

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Strange Bit O ebay "censorship"
Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted June 24, 2011 01:55 PM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
OK, well,. it's not actually censorship.

I was going to list that 3D print of the Three Stooges "Spooks" which is an official liscensed Three Stooges print by Columbia from ages on back and sold legally, but ebay wouldn't let me list it as it stated it to be unauthorized.

I assume that someone owns the rights to even the very name being used, so what should I do, just list it as "Spooks" and leave out "Three Stooges"?

--------------------
"All these moments will be lost in time, just like ... tears, in the rain. "

|  IP: Logged

Jon Addams
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted June 24, 2011 02:47 PM      Profile for Jon Addams     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I ran an eBay search using "Three Stooges" and found 15,460 listings with the words "Three Stooges" and within those, 3 with the word "spooks." [Confused] [Confused] [Confused]

Jon

Nicholas Fair
Film Handler

- posted June 24, 2011 04:19 PM      Profile for Nicholas Fair   Email Nicholas Fair   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
you could always sell it to me.

Larry Arpin
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted June 24, 2011 09:09 PM      Profile for Larry Arpin   Author's Homepage   Email Larry Arpin   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Osi-I got the same thing listing Star Wars. That is why the disclaimer at the top. Just list it anyway and put the same sort of disclaimer 'just in case'. They won't stop you from listing it. It just says it is being flagged as unauthorized.

Nicholas Fair
Film Handler

- posted June 25, 2011 12:38 AM      Profile for Nicholas Fair   Email Nicholas Fair   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
or you could sell it to me...

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted June 25, 2011 12:40 PM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey Nicholas!

Shot ya an e-mail!

OSI

--------------------
"All these moments will be lost in time, just like ... tears, in the rain. "

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC