8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » General Yak   » Good News About Blackpool (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: Good News About Blackpool
Simon McConway
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted September 20, 2011 01:39 PM      Profile for Simon McConway     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If you are thinking about having a stall at Blackpool, get in quick as there's only a few left!

|  IP: Logged

Lee Mannering
Film God

- posted September 21, 2011 04:13 AM      Profile for Lee Mannering     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I second that Simon. David contacted to let me know he was not far off full and to let anyone else know who wanted a table so looks like a bumper event. [Smile]

Lee Mannering
Film God

- posted September 27, 2011 06:37 AM      Profile for Lee Mannering     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Young David phoned last night and updated all is going to plan for the Film Fair and he was in fact on his way over to the Cliffs for a meeting to finalise everything for the big day. Behind the scenes this is the sort of effort it takes to put on a large event and I know David has also advertised it widely.

For anyone staying over on the Saturday night The Croydon Hotel next to the Cliffs only has a small number of rooms left now for fellow film collectors so if you intend to book please do so quickly. £25 per person B&B based of two sharing. The hotel has also indicated a super 8 film presentation will be welcomed for people booked in on Saturday evening. More on this later. Telephone: 01253 352497 12 Empress Drive, Blackpool FY2 9SE

Lee Mannering
Film God

- posted October 14, 2011 04:13 AM      Profile for Lee Mannering     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Had a visit to David and all arrangements for the North West Film Fair at Blackpool are going to plan. He showed me the floor plan which looks neat and the auction will be a good one by all accounts. There will be Super 8mm films shown as well as a 16mm programme. A good cross section of dealers/traders are now booked and I think just about all tables are gone but he did say he would try his best to fit in anyone wanting a table even yet.

Having done his very best for us along with his team making for what I am sure will be a great event the rest is up to the people coming through the door and supporting it. Entry cost is at a pocket money price of £3.50 and a great day’s entertainment for our pleasure so its time to get those feet walking and come support the event which after all is blowing the trumpet for the joys of film!

CLIFFS HOTEL BLACKPOOL
13th NOVEMEBER 2011. 10AM onwards

[Smile] Carry on Collecting! [Smile]

Douglas Meltzer

- posted October 24, 2011 09:30 AM      Profile for Douglas Meltzer   Email Douglas Meltzer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Blackpool Details.

Doug

--------------------
I think there's room for just one more film.....

Yanis Tzortzis
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted October 26, 2011 07:50 AM      Profile for Yanis Tzortzis   Author's Homepage   Email Yanis Tzortzis   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
...looks like a fab day coming,looking forward to it!

--------------------
Yannis

All times are Central
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC