8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » General Yak   » "Retro-room" taking shape!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: "Retro-room" taking shape!
Christian Bjorgen
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted February 19, 2013 04:52 PM      Profile for Christian Bjorgen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
So three months after the big move and after two weeks of work, the "retroroom" is starting to take shape!

As I've already posted previously, the room has the shelves in which I store all my films, and it also has a small table for me to cut and splice films, whilst also serving as a projectors table when I watch films. In the other end of the "retro-room" my wife has her workbench, where she does her artwork, both drawing and painting, old school and digital [Smile]

Anyway, while she's still working on getting her part of the room set-up, I have mostly finished my half of it!

So here is "my" half of the room:
 -

On the walls you see my three guitars + some of my wifes artwork, along with framed set photos from "The Magnificent Seven". In the bottom right corner you can see some of my wifes workbench, and on the left side you can see the shelves where I store films and we both store books. There's also a comfy couch (that folds out to a guest bed) for us to enjoy both Super Mario and Super 8 on!

Close-up:
 -

In the top image you can see the back of a small TV, which is the top part of my home-made console shelf!

-

Here I keep my old NES 8bit, courtesy of mr. Vidar Olavesen of this forum, along with the speakers for it (which are also used for film projection) and a small shelf to store the games in. I am planning on putting in a DVD player aswell, so I can watch "Armchair Odeons"! I also have a spare "AppleTV" network player that I'm gonna put there, so I can watch Netflix and access the digital movie library I have on my media center computer in the living room.

--------------------
Well who’s on first? Yeah. Go ahead and tell me. Who. The guy on first. Who. The guy playin’ first base. Who. The guy on first. Who is on first! What are you askin’ me for? I’m askin’ you!

|  IP: Logged

Pasquale DAlessio
Film God

- posted February 19, 2013 05:01 PM      Profile for Pasquale DAlessio     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Looks great. Your moving right along. [Wink]

Bill Phelps
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted February 19, 2013 05:41 PM      Profile for Bill Phelps     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Looks nice Christian! I like your guitars. I wish I had a Les Paul...I have a Fender Stratocaster.

I grew up playing Mario Bros...that same game you have there. I am not a gamer by any means but I do have a soft spot for that one!

Bill [Smile]

Christian Bjorgen
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted February 20, 2013 01:40 AM      Profile for Christian Bjorgen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks!

Bill: Yes, it's a great guitar, but sadly not a "proper" Les Paul. I have the Morgan version, would love to upgrade to Gibson one day! Currently I'm looking to get an Epiphone archtop (ES-335 or similar) [Smile] The Fender stratocaster that you have is also a great guitar, I had one previously but sold it as I had too many [Wink]

--------------------
Well who’s on first? Yeah. Go ahead and tell me. Who. The guy on first. Who. The guy playin’ first base. Who. The guy on first. Who is on first! What are you askin’ me for? I’m askin’ you!

Roger Shunk
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted February 20, 2013 01:17 PM      Profile for Roger Shunk   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Nice set-up Christian,
I just sold my last 1969 Les Paul Custom Black Beauty from my vintage guitar collection to help support my film addiction and am now regretting it! [Frown]

Christian Bjorgen
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted February 20, 2013 01:25 PM      Profile for Christian Bjorgen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
A vintage 1969!? Oy vey! That's a shame, I played a 1967 sunburst Les Paul once, that belonged to a mate of mine, best guitar I've ever held.

--------------------

Roger Shunk
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted February 20, 2013 01:46 PM      Profile for Roger Shunk   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The early Gibson Sunburst guitars were the most beautiful guitars they ever made. My friend who owns Bizarre Guitar here in Phoenix owns a 1958 Gibson Sunburst which is the most sought after vintage guitar among collectors and worth a ton of money!

Hugh Thompson Scott
Film God

- posted February 20, 2013 02:02 PM      Profile for Hugh Thompson Scott   Email Hugh Thompson Scott       Edit/Delete Post 
Guitars are all very well, but these little dens only come into their
own with a bunch of drunken mates and a hoard of beer cans
(full ones) screaming to be emptied, plus the odd film show of
course.

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC