8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » General Yak   » ebay sellers shipping rates

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: ebay sellers shipping rates
Brian Stearns
Master Film Handler

- posted December 10, 2013 09:07 PM      Profile for Brian Stearns         Edit/Delete Post 
Sellers that list one shipping charge priority mail on ebay are they bound to ship by that method? If they dont then what can the buyer do? Sellers that overcharge for shipping or ship method they dont advertise is one of my pet peeves

|  IP: Logged

Winbert Hutahaean
Film God

- posted December 11, 2013 03:14 AM      Profile for Winbert Hutahaean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If seller's description only has one shipping option this means seller does not offer any other shipping method. On other the words, seller does not obligate to follow other shipping method offered by the buyer.

So I think the answer is yes.

(ps: Ebay now states that shipping must be traceable)

--------------------
Winbert

Bill Brandenstein
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted December 11, 2013 11:37 AM      Profile for Bill Brandenstein   Email Bill Brandenstein   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Over the years I've contacted a seller before the auction ended to ask for a media mail option, and most of the time people are happy to accomodate. You just can't use the checkout system right after the auction. Rather, the seller needs to issue a revised invoice.

I don't have a problem with sellers charging a buck or three for handling anymore. Brian, are you seeing overcharges greater than that? A little's ok because Paypal takes a cut, eBay takes a cut, and there are minor expenses for paper, printing, packing materials, and going to the post office.

Brian Stearns
Master Film Handler

- posted December 11, 2013 12:08 PM      Profile for Brian Stearns         Edit/Delete Post 
Bill,Thanks for the reels they were most helpful

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted December 11, 2013 01:24 PM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Please note that this would only apply if the buyer is in the US (what I mean is that the shipping stated is for US shipping), because, obviously, you wouldn't be able to ship a feature for 6.00 dollars to France, after all.

--------------------
"All these moments will be lost in time, just like ... tears, in the rain. "

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC