8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » General Yak   » Warner Bros coming to your town

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Warner Bros coming to your town
Paul Adsett
Film God

- posted March 13, 2014 08:23 PM      Profile for Paul Adsett     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The New York Museum of Modern Art is touring an exhibition around the world called ‘The Art Of Warner Bros Cartoons’. It is currently in Orlando and I went to see it today.
On display were dozens of the actual painted cells for the Loony Toon and Merrie Melodies series. These included background paintings and the top cell for the character animation. There were the actual original pencil sketches of the character drawings for Bugs Bunny, Porky Pig, Wylee Cyote etc etc, and the frame by frame instruction sheets for the animators, specifying the exact amont of movement for the character and background. And of course there were a bunch of flat panel TV's showing all the classic toons.
Over 300 people worked full time on these cartoons, which each took from 6 months to one year to complete. Next time you thread up a Warner Cartoon into your Elmo or Eumig, give a thought to the enormous talent and labor that went into that little 8 minute reel, and realize that what you have in your hand is a genuine piece of iconic American art. And you can take real pride that you have it on film.
And make sure you take in this exhibit when it comes to your town. Highly recommended.

-

--------------------
The best of all worlds- 8mm, super 8mm, 9.5mm, and HD Digital Projection,
Elmo GS1200 f1.0 2-blade
Eumig S938 Stereo f1.0 Ektar
Panasonic PT-AE4000U digital pj

|  IP: Logged

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC