8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » General Yak   » A Visit toThe Tooth Fairy

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: A Visit toThe Tooth Fairy
Graham Ritchie
Film God

- posted March 26, 2014 05:31 PM      Profile for Graham Ritchie   Email Graham Ritchie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
On Monday morning I was having breakfast before getting in my little school bus for the morning run. Thinking there is something wrong with this "full grain" toast...something lumpy in it.

After investigation I found part of a tooth [Eek!] ....yikes I have not been to a dentist in years...so later that morning I was lucky if you could call it that to visit the dentist. After prodding around, he said what is left of that tooth ain,t worth saving [Frown] ....so out it comes. while lying their waiting for the injection to take effect we had a chat.

I told him of my experience with a dentist back in the early 70s with "Dick the Monster" as he was known [Smile] ....anyway as the chatting continued I asked had he watched Mr Bean goes to the dentist...he and his nurse had. While he was about attack me with his pliers he joked with his nurse about the movie "The Marathon Man"...remember it? ...they thought the movie was funny.

I thought this is a bit spooky talking about that film, with me lying here....anyway out came the tooth and I left his surgery $180 lighter [Roll Eyes] .....Oh! this dentist has a nick name "The Tooth Fairy" a bit different to "Dick the Monster" that's for sure.
 -

|  IP: Logged

Steve Klare
Film Guy

- posted March 26, 2014 08:00 PM      Profile for Steve Klare   Email Steve Klare   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
"Dentists tell you not to pick your teeth with any sharp metal object. Then you sit in their chair and the first thing they grab is an iron hook, and use this to pick at the area you came to get fixed."

"I found out something about myself while my dentist was doing this: that I can walk with my behind."

-Bill Cosby

Mine called today: my new crown has arrived. Late hours there are Wednesday nights only. I decided to call tomorrow morning and kick the can down the street at least a week!

--------------------
All I ask is a wide screen and a projector to light her by...

|  IP: Logged

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC