8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » General Yak   » Group 9.5 Spring Fair

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Group 9.5 Spring Fair
Maurice Leakey
Film God

- posted April 13, 2014 02:43 AM      Profile for Maurice Leakey   Email Maurice Leakey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Some weeks ago I was asked if I was going to the Group 9.5 (London Branch) Spring Fair. My reply was that I didn't collect 9.5, the answer was that all film gauges would be on sale.

So I made the pilgrimage to Pimlico yesterday and paid my £2 entry fee. Familiar sellers were there, Tony Reypert, Tony Hutchinson, Grahame Newnham, among others.

Also had a long chat with Keith Wilton and discussed his problems in mounting a future "Ealing" Convention.

It's true that 9.5 was well represented, but I came away with three 16mm features and two shorts. It was a happy occasion with chats also to fellow 8mm Forum members, Graham Sinden and Mark Mander.

Many thanks to the organisers.

--------------------
Maurice

|  IP: Logged

Graham Sinden
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted April 13, 2014 03:31 AM      Profile for Graham Sinden   Email Graham Sinden   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Maurice,

So nice to see you there and enjoyed chatting with you. Im glad you picked up some nice 16mm films as it makes the journey worthwhile. Also had a chat with many fellow forum members including Ken Finch.

I myself didnt buy much this time. Just a couple of Super 8 shorts and some magazines.

There seemed to be a few more dealers this year than in the last few years. This fair is organised by the London branch of Group 9.5 but you will find all gauges inside, not just 9.5mm film, and also various bits of equipment and DVD's etc.

With no spring Ealing or Tadley its good that this fair keeps going, but its important to note there are no film shows just the fair.

Did take some photos on my phone I will try to upload later.

Graham S

Simon McConway
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted April 13, 2014 12:04 PM      Profile for Simon McConway     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I also went along but don't collect 9.5. The day was excellent and I managed to pick up plenty of 8 and 16mm bargains. I joined Group 9.5 this year, such is the quality of their magazine which also covers other gauges as well.

Michael O'Regan
Film God

- posted April 13, 2014 02:29 PM      Profile for Michael O'Regan   Email Michael O'Regan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Is this an annual event? Like others here, I always assumed it was specifically 9.5.

Maurice Leakey
Film God

- posted April 16, 2014 02:30 AM      Profile for Maurice Leakey   Email Maurice Leakey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Michael
I understand that it is an annual event, although the hall is used for regular meetings of the group.

--------------------
Maurice

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC