8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » General Yak   » Strange ad

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Strange ad
Dominique De Bast
Film God

- posted April 29, 2014 12:46 AM      Profile for Dominique De Bast   Email Dominique De Bast   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I went to the "videma" yesterday (to see a popular French film, "Qu'est-ce qu'on a fait au Bon Dieu ?") and was surprised by one of the commercials. It is intended to save a cinema that collapsed recently in Brussels and they ask people to give money. What is strange is that it was a cinema dedicated to X films and the ad reflects it (two men are in front of the cinema, they open their coat and you can see a small projector on the middle of their body that suggests the former programmation of the cinema, I think everybody understands what I mean). It is probably the kind of ads that could not be possible to show in many countries for censorship reasons...Look for yourself and donate if you wish to support the project (explained in English, too) to keep the cinema for "normal projections". http://www.abc-cinema.be/?page_id=443 In this extract (in French) of a local tv report, you can see the 35 mm reel that will go to...the cinémathèque ! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aTXmsk8DFQI

--------------------
Dominique

|  IP: Logged

Dominique De Bast
Film God

- posted May 05, 2014 11:47 AM      Profile for Dominique De Bast   Email Dominique De Bast   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The cinema ABC is saved. The organisators needed 60.000 euros to rescue the building and keep a cinema activity in it (with a different programmation, of course). Over 450 private donators gave 58.000 euros in about two weeks. Not bad for a small country like Belgium.

--------------------
Dominique

Mark Williams
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted May 05, 2014 11:55 AM      Profile for Mark Williams   Email Mark Williams   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Superb news Dom!! [Smile] [Smile]

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC