8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » General Yak   » The Stork Club

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: The Stork Club
Guy Taylor, Jr.
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted May 05, 2014 12:04 PM      Profile for Guy Taylor, Jr.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
No not the movie or the famous club that was once in Manhattan. The Stork Club is the name of my bar and grill in Galveston Texas. As much as I regret having missed the Cinesea this past weekend, I'm happy to report I had Peter Noone and other members of Herman's Hermits as guests in my bar Saturday night. They performed at the Grand Opera House which is across the street.

--------------------
Guy Taylor

|  IP: Logged

Joe Taffis
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted May 05, 2014 06:49 PM      Profile for Joe Taffis   Email Joe Taffis   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
That's cool Guy! Herman's Hermits couldn't be ignored back in the day, they were right in the middle of the whole "British invasion". I hope I could visit your place sometime down the road....
I had to miss this edition of CineSea too, but will hopefully be there in the fall [Smile]

--------------------
Joe Taffis

Claus Harding
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted May 05, 2014 07:08 PM      Profile for Claus Harding   Email Claus Harding   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Guy,

Pity you couldn't make it this time, but look to the fall...
Herman's Hermits in your bar, very nice. Gary Crawford and I listened to 50es/60es music while driving to CineSea and sure enough, 'HH' were on the playlist as well.

Claus.

--------------------
"Why are there shots of deserts in a scene that's supposed to take place in Belgium during the winter?" (Review of 'Battle of the Bulge'.)

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC