8mm Forum
Topic Closed  Topic Closed

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » General Yak   » Of Osi, platters, planks, and trays (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3 

Author Topic: Of Osi, platters, planks, and trays
Steve Klare
Film Guy

- posted July 16, 2014 03:31 PM      Profile for Steve Klare   Email Steve Klare   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
"zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz" indeed!

Wouldn't anybody rather read about my trip to the drive-in theater last week than suffer through more of this tired crap?

No cores, no coins: just cars!

--------------------
All I ask is a wide screen and a projector to light her by...

|  IP: Logged

Graham Ritchie
Film God

- posted July 16, 2014 04:22 PM      Profile for Graham Ritchie   Email Graham Ritchie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
yes yes.... [Cool] [Smile]

Mark Mander
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted July 16, 2014 04:25 PM      Profile for Mark Mander     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes Steve,Tell us about it!!!! [Razz]

--------------------
Elmo GS1200 1.0 lens
Elmo ST1200HD 1.1 lens
Sankyo 800 1.0 lens
Elmo 16CL
Elf NT1

Dominique De Bast
Film God

- posted July 16, 2014 04:33 PM      Profile for Dominique De Bast   Email Dominique De Bast   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The "Telephone Game" described above is called in French "Le téléphone arabe" ("The Arabic Telephone" as you could easily guess. It seems that is called like this as a reference of the time the imam in the mosque had no mike and no speaker like now. So people repeted what he said from close to him to far away. And, it resulted in deformations. It is interesting to notice that the word telephone suggests that the game had another name before the invention of this apparatus or just did not exist.

--------------------
Dominique

Michael O'Regan
Film God

- posted July 16, 2014 04:43 PM      Profile for Michael O'Regan   Email Michael O'Regan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Steve,
Yes, I'd love to hear about your drive-in trip. I love anything to do with the whole drive-in phenomenon. It's not something we ever had here in the UK.

However, with all due respect, if "this tired crap" is not of interest to you, just ignore it. That goes for anybody else too.

As long as Osi continues to bullshit and lie, I'll respond, as and when I see fit.
Nobody else here needs to, if they don't wish to.
Quite simple.

Steve Klare
Film Guy

- posted July 16, 2014 05:14 PM      Profile for Steve Klare   Email Steve Klare   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
All due respect in return Mike,

-but this is not what I call a "process":

There is never an end to it, it's just endless "middle" and goes nowhere.

It's as if the dentist drills for hours and never gets to putting in the filling!

What's your goal? Should Osi leave the Forums, collecting films, move out into the wilderness? Should we as a community shun him, gather at the conventions and burn him in effigy?

Tell me where we're going and if I like it I'll follow.

-otherwise this is a place I come for enjoyment and this is NOT fun!

The idea of ignoring it can only go so far. Something like this changes the general tone of the conversation and if I ignored it entirely all I'd be left with is wondering why everyone has become so nasty.

Note 1: See "Drive-In Experience" here in General Yak.

--------------------

Rob Koeling
Master Film Handler

- posted July 16, 2014 05:23 PM      Profile for Rob Koeling     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Mike,

quote:
Osi, for all the years I have been reading your posts on this forum, I have been desperate to tell you this:

"They're" is the contraction of "they are" it is inappropriate therefore to use it in place of the possessive "their", as in:

Their films, their projectors and their pennies in the penny tray.

Right, glad I go that off my chest. As you were.

I'm glad you brought this up and I think this is important. I'm very keen to get it right, so would it be right if I say:

"They're buying the films on the reels. Now they can run their films, which are conveniently stored on the nice metal Elmo reels. (The reels are also theirs now.)" ?

Or should it be:

"Their buying the films on the reels. Now they can run they're films, which are conveniently stored on the nice metal Elmo reels. (The reels are also they'res now)" ?

I'm getting myself confused again.... [Wink]

- Rob

Bill Phelps
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted July 16, 2014 05:35 PM      Profile for Bill Phelps     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Should Osi leave the Forums, collecting films, move out into the wilderness? Should we as a community shun him, gather at the conventions and burn him in effigy?

[Smile] Bill

Rob Koeling
Master Film Handler

- posted July 16, 2014 05:51 PM      Profile for Rob Koeling     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Steve,

quote:
What's your goal? Should Osi leave the Forums, collecting films, move out into the wilderness? Should we as a community shun him, gather at the conventions and burn him in effigy?
I shouldn't speak for Michael, but as far as I'm concerned, none of the above. Osi just needs to come clean and then everybody can move on. There has been too much BS. It's time to stop the nonsense. 'Mea culpa' and move on please....

- Rob

Steve Klare
Film Guy

- posted July 16, 2014 05:59 PM      Profile for Steve Klare   Email Steve Klare   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'd be fine with that, but the guest of honor seems to be pretty immune to the idea.....

...so here we are.

(Besides, can you accept the contrition of somebody you don't trust in the first place?)

One valuable lesson of all this is everytime you embarrass yourself, you only make it worse by going on YouTube. When I do, it gets no further than my wife...if that far.

--------------------

Rob Koeling
Master Film Handler

- posted July 16, 2014 06:51 PM      Profile for Rob Koeling     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Steve,

quote:
(Besides, can you accept the contrition of somebody you don't trust in the first place?)

I like to give people to benefit of the doubt, so an unconditional yes.

quote:
One valuable lesson of all this is everytime you embarrass yourself, you only make it worse by going on YouTube. When I do, it gets no further than my wife...if that far.
In my native country people used to put these kinds of pearls of wisdom on a little tile and hang it on the wall (above the hearth). I'll investigate tomorrow what it will cost to produce a few hundred tiles and offer it first to the members of this forum....

-

- Rob

Graham Ritchie
Film God

- posted July 16, 2014 10:02 PM      Profile for Graham Ritchie   Email Graham Ritchie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Mike

Why should we ignore it? Providing members are not breaking any forum rules......if folk want to comment on this BS we will.

If you think Osi is going to come clean ...then you must be dreaming [Roll Eyes] Osi will more than likely continue, a bit like "The Neverending Story" with some other long winded reply tomorrow.

Osi and Mike take Doug advice on this topic.....will you?

Graham.

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted July 17, 2014 12:13 PM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Come clean? I take baths regularly! [Smile]

I apologize for my mis-spellings as well. [Frown]

Nice and short ... for Graham! [Smile]

--------------------
"All these moments will be lost in time, just like ... tears, in the rain. "

Michael O'Regan
Film God

- posted July 17, 2014 12:33 PM      Profile for Michael O'Regan   Email Michael O'Regan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I guess I just feel bad that the forums (all three) used to be a refuge from the dishonest sellers and now we are seemingly happy to accommodate the existence of one right in here amongst us, as if all is OK. He is even in the position of moderator on one of the forums.

To me it just makes a mockery of our longtime practice of bringing dishonest sellers to light in the interest of the hobby.

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted July 17, 2014 12:54 PM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Alright, Micheal, I will give you the opportunity you have salvated and longed for (well, at least for the last 6 months or so) ...

Please offer everyone, on this forum, with the help of anyone you choose, the actual PROOF, not theories, mind you, not assumptions on my character, not long-winded childish, "Liar liar, pants on fire" endless diatribes, but actual PROOF that I have EVER defrauded a single film collector (or anyone else) out of a single penny at any time, anywhere, on any film deal, anyplace.

Now there .... have I not been fair? Lets see the proof, not endless bits and pieces of posts from various forums, not sentences lifted out of context from various posts, but actual evidence ...

otherwise, you are just a person with an opinion, and your most welcome to have one, but opinions are not facts.

Bring forth the proof that I have stolen from any collector, a single penny, dollar, pound ect. You may not agree with how I conduct business perhaps, but I defy you to show a single evidence of any stealing or thievery from any fellow collector.

In fact, I open it up to any person, anywhere, to show any actual evidence that I have stolen a single penny, from anyone.

Now, that's even more fair! [Big Grin]

--------------------

Michael O'Regan
Film God

- posted July 17, 2014 01:04 PM      Profile for Michael O'Regan   Email Michael O'Regan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Firstly, I don't recall stating at any point that you have been involved in "any stealing or thievery from any fellow collector", so I have no need to provide proof of this. I do suspect, based on what the "coregate" threads revealed and the chain of events, that you've taken reels from Fred W. and sold them, separate from the prints which were on them, without his knowledge, but....well I can't provide actual proof of this, as you well know. Mind you, Fred W has come forward and stated that he sent all of his films to you on Elmo reels!

However, I'm interested in what you said here:

quote:
You may not agree with how I conduct business perhaps, ...
Are you saying that the way you do business is, perhaps, suspect?

As for this, though, and generally speaking:

quote:
In fact, I open it up to any person, anywhere, to show any actual evidence that I have stolen a single penny, from anyone.

Sure thing...here ya go
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fpSmc7rEoWk&feature=youtu.be

Steve Klare
Film Guy

- posted July 17, 2014 02:01 PM      Profile for Steve Klare   Email Steve Klare   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Mike,

Generally speaking you've made your point, several times, and several months ago. Yet here we are again.

Once again: What's your goal?

I hope it's showing films on one of the outer moons of Jupiter because getting an act of contrition here would be much harder.

--------------------

Michael O'Regan
Film God

- posted July 17, 2014 02:06 PM      Profile for Michael O'Regan   Email Michael O'Regan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Steve,

I am fully aware of what points I have and haven't made before.

Osi directed a post to me which required a reiteration. I tried to keep it as short as possible.

Why am I the bad guy here again? Why don't you direct your frustration at Osi and urge him to be honest and stop the lying?

Steve Klare
Film Guy

- posted July 17, 2014 02:11 PM      Profile for Steve Klare   Email Steve Klare   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I still don't think you are a bad guy.

I think you are more the adult here and maybe we can work this out, that's why I asked you..

Seriously: this means a lot to you, you must want to accomplish something as a result of all this.

-What will it take that it is possible for us to get for you to put an end to this?

If there isn't anything then this is just futile.

--------------------

Michael O'Regan
Film God

- posted July 17, 2014 03:08 PM      Profile for Michael O'Regan   Email Michael O'Regan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well, Steve, my intention all along has been to get Osi to come clean about his dishonesty, own up, accept the flak he would get for his lies but maybe gain some respect too. I do wonder whether things may have gone too far for this, at this point. However, like Rob, I like to have a little faith in people so would be happy to start anew and hope that Osi will act honourably in the future.

If this is not going to happen, then I ask that forum rules regarding deceit and dishonest dealing in film be applied across the board and not just selectively. In such instance, Osi should be removed from the forum (both here and on Small Format).

Steve Klare
Film Guy

- posted July 17, 2014 03:48 PM      Profile for Steve Klare   Email Steve Klare   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
OK Mike,

At least that's something concrete.

I can't find a set of rules on Small Format. If you can and they apply then that's up to Kevin F.

The rules I see in our FAQ govern types of sales and not conduct of sales:

This is about as close as I found:

quote:
RULE #10: Rules regarding the Equipment Wanted/For Sale category.

Please start all thread titles with either "WANTED" or "FOR SALE" and make sure to also include the item in the title. As an example, a posting that is titled "rewind table" does not tell the readers whether you are seeking to purchase a rewind table or if you have one to sell. Thus, a posting entitled "WANTED: rewind table" or "FOR SALE: rewind table" is appropriate.

IMPORTANT: The Equipment classified category is not for your company's spamming purposes. This category is provided as a free service for those who have an extra few items of equipment or supplies that they need to sell. Some examples:
ACCEPTABLE:• If you run a tech service company and removed an 8-plex worth of equipment, feel free to list it.
• If you are a collector and want to sell an extra projector, this is the place.
• If you, as an individual or working for a company, made a bulk purchase of used equipment and some of it does not have a home, go ahead and list the remaining equipment.
• If you have some extra bulk equipment that was purchased for an install, but for whatever reason the client backed out of the purchase and you need to move it, be our guest.
UNACCEPTABLE:• If you are just advertising your normal line of goods, this is not the place for you. Go away.
• If you are discontinuing something from your normal line of goods, posting a note here stating "we are almost sold out" will be deleted.
• If your post says something such as "contact us for a catalog", just turn around right now.

Also, website links are not permitted in this category. If you have something to sell, sell it; do not redirect to an external source.

A tip: Make sure you put your email address in the body of your post so potential buyers have easy access to contact you. This practice is permitted ONLY in this category.

When you sell the item, please edit the title of your post to show the item has been sold. For example, change the title from "FOR SALE: rewind table" to "SOLD: rewind table" or from "WANTED: rewind table" to "FOUND: rewind table". This way you are not wasting anyone's time by letting them contact you only to find out the item is sold or no longer wanted.

To reply to a posting in this category, you must email the person directly. All transactions that occur as a result of a posting made on the Film-Tech Forum is your own private business and are not for the world to see. Thus, no public replies are permitted.

Did Osi break these rules? If you can find any that specifically address his conduct then they should apply.

Another thing is the (ummm) controversies regarding (for example) that "Gone With The Wind" were with respect to the circumstances of the sale and not the sale itself. Actually the auction received positive feedback, so the buyer doesn't feel victimized here.

I think Osi lied like a rug about the reason that film went out "cored". That's kind of a shame, because I think if the truth was that he sold the Elmo reels separately to make more money and he said exactly that, most of us would have had no problems with that. (Although the idea of a quarter mile of film potentially set free is scary...)

(Whether or not Fred W. knew about this is a separate issue and mostly between them.)

So there is no rule regarding honestly in general, that's up to each of us to figure out for ourselves.

As far as reputation goes, may each of us have exactly the one we deserve.

--------------------

Michael O'Regan
Film God

- posted July 17, 2014 04:20 PM      Profile for Michael O'Regan   Email Michael O'Regan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well, then, I guess there's nothing to be done, Steve. Thanks for your help, just the same.
I'm sure it doesn't matter but, just to be clear, I didn't start this whole thing up again. I have been replying directly to Osi's posts. I'll continue to do so, if it's all the same to you.

Back to you, Osi. [Smile]

Steve Klare
Film Guy

- posted July 17, 2014 06:59 PM      Profile for Steve Klare   Email Steve Klare   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Fair enough Mike,

I'm pretty worn out on this anyway.

--------------------

Winbert Hutahaean
Film God

- posted July 17, 2014 09:01 PM      Profile for Winbert Hutahaean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Now it seems to me Osi and Mike are ready to debate for certain issues. I am happy to see this so it can be found who is right, who is wrong.

However, if you two are doing here, as I said earlier, it is going to harm this lovely forum.

I now open a suggestion that you to sign up here:

http://www.debate.org/login/?redirectUrl=%2Fdebate%2F

and start your debate. We can make an observation and give more comments.

Do you think this fair enough?

I knew Osi has a facebook, so he can sign up with his FB.

What about you Mike?

--------------------
Winbert

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted July 18, 2014 11:39 AM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I agree with Winbert. If I have broken the rules on here, for buying/selling, then please, by all means, kick my arse off ...

However, I want to give you every benefit of the doubt Micheal, and everybody else that have repeatedly called me a thief, liar, fraud ect ... therefore, challenge number 2 ...

Micheal, and anybody else who wishes to contribute ...

If I, Osi Osgood, have ever made a trade on this forum or any other forum, in which I have not traded and given the person the very film promised, as promised, then by all means, make mention of it here, as I would most certainly wish to make things right.

For instance, I mention one thing here that only came to my attention about two or so months ago ...

Guy Tessier, a fine fellow, traded with me, cartoon for cartoon. He sent me a Popeye cartoon, and I sent him a "Motormouse and Autocat" cartoon ...

Or so I thought ...

A few months back, I was informed by Guy that he had not received the cartoon from me. I immediately scoured by film collection, (not easy, as I'm not good at keeping it orderly), and sure enough, I found the very cartoon I thought I had sent, and I know it's the print that I was going to send Guy, cuz I only had one "Motormouse and Autocat' cartoon.

I immediat5ely PM'd Guy, (on another forum) and apologized for having not sent it, and asked for his address to send it off right away. He wrote back stating "don't bother" and along the lines of, "Its not important" ....

... but I would still be more than happy to get this off to him, as I consider it his. He's just got ta say, "send her off".

Everyone is more than welcome to contact Guy for verification, and I believe I still have the PM's that I could reproduce here concerning this trade ...

However, this was not a case of theft or dishonest actions, It was simply forgotten by me.

However, the second challenge is out there to you, Micheal, as well as anybody else ...

Surely, if I am a fellow that needs a good "tarring and feathering" and being ostracized, then I must have stolen from someone, I must have defrauded someone on any film trade that I have made. I must have purposefully went out of my way to steal from SOMEONE out there.

... and, if I have accidentally screwed up on a trade somewhere, at sometimes, by all means folks, make it known, as I will most certainly make it right. I can't think of a single time I have not mailed off exactly what I have described to any collector on here or elsewhere, whether it was a trade ...

... or even an ebay auction. State where I have ever defrauded a single collector by not mailing off exactly what I have described ...(and lets not get asinine and go on about the definition of "core" for pete's sake.)

I have never had a person come back on me and say I didn't send off exactly what I described, whether in trade or ebay.

But, the "gauntlet" is tossed, the challenge is put forth.

If I am the scumbag some folks have made me out to be, then by all means, make it public.

Where are the people that I did a bad trade with? Where are the people that have not gotten exactly what I have sold them (films) on ebay?

Go for it ....

--------------------

All times are Central
This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3 

Open Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC