8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » General Yak   » Going to the Movies

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Going to the Movies
Graham Ritchie
Film God

- posted July 15, 2014 08:10 PM      Profile for Graham Ritchie   Email Graham Ritchie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Have you ever done this?....I did once watching "Blade Runner" when it first came out.
 -

[Smile]

|  IP: Logged

Vidar Olavesen
Film God

- posted July 16, 2014 12:37 AM      Profile for Vidar Olavesen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I believe I had that moment during the color trip in 2001: A Space Odyssey :-/

But, would never happen on Blade Runner, that's one of the best films ever, imho

Graham Ritchie
Film God

- posted July 16, 2014 01:00 AM      Profile for Graham Ritchie   Email Graham Ritchie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My wife slept all the way through "2001" except for the intermission [Big Grin]

I think I must have been clocking up to many hours of overtime when I watched the evening session of "Blade Runner".."must have been really tired"....now with its director cut Blu-ray I think its just great. [Cool]

Steve Klare
Film Guy

- posted July 17, 2014 10:16 AM      Profile for Steve Klare   Email Steve Klare   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My neighbors across the street laughed through "Jaws".

-it was actually a hysterical reaction to what was happening on screen (They didn't really think it was funny), but can you imagine being in the movies a row or two away from this crazy bunch?

I'd "go for popcorn" and move about 10 rows away!

Graham? You weren't operating the projector at the time, right?

--------------------
All I ask is a wide screen and a projector to light her by...

David Ollerearnshaw
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted July 17, 2014 11:00 AM      Profile for David Ollerearnshaw   Author's Homepage   Email David Ollerearnshaw   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I went to see 'The Exorcist' at the local Odean cinema. When her head rotated I just had to laugh, and when she had pea & ham soup [Big Grin]

Must be me, but I didn't find it all the scary.

--------------------
I love the smell of film in the morning.

http://www.thereelimage.co.uk/

Graham Ritchie
Film God

- posted July 17, 2014 05:15 PM      Profile for Graham Ritchie   Email Graham Ritchie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Steve

I wasn't operating any projectors back then, just working on aircraft instead [Eek!] [Smile]

I think you have to be in the right frame of mind for watching a film, being tired beforehand is not a good idea, which is a shame for the movie itself as it could be really good.

To laugh at "Jaws"...now that is strange [Eek!]

One of the other drivers I work with told me the other day he took his grandson to see Transformers last week and after about half an hour of Transformers he was totally out to it, much to the annoyance of his grandson who was enjoying the movie.

Looks like I am not the only one out there [Smile]

John Brooks
Junior

- posted July 26, 2014 10:46 AM      Profile for John Brooks   Email John Brooks   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
we used to laugh all the time at blood movies cause we used to have all the props for squirting blood and tons of guns and knives so knowing how it was done and then seeing how bad they did it always made us laugh. we know this guy where we live who is making small movies. one of our kids is a composer that did music for one of his films. we went to a local theater where it was playing and alot of the actors were there with their friends. everytime someone died, got really hurt or shot everyone laughed. we thought it was strange at first but we figured maybe some of these people never saw these other people act and since they know the real person might have seemed funny to them.

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC