8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » General Yak   » A Hard Day's Night Blu-ray

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: A Hard Day's Night Blu-ray
Graham Ritchie
Film God

- posted July 19, 2014 03:45 PM      Profile for Graham Ritchie   Email Graham Ritchie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Wow... its been an amazing week of music from the brilliant and latest CD of "Sleepy Man Banjo Boys" from the US... and back to 1964 for "A Hard Days Night". This really is a must have Blu-ray. The film has been given a 4K Restoration. Frankly I have never seen this movie before, 1964 was a bit before my time [Wink] ....but this is classic early 1960s stuff.

Both picture and sound of this blu-ray is truly amazing...and fun to watch...highly recommend it.
 -

|  IP: Logged

Jonathan Trevithick
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted July 19, 2014 04:54 PM      Profile for Jonathan Trevithick   Email Jonathan Trevithick   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I haven't see this movie for about 20 years. I'll put it on my shopping list. To complement any Beatles film, I recommend "The Rutles".

John Hourigan
Master Film Handler

- posted July 20, 2014 10:16 AM      Profile for John Hourigan   Email John Hourigan       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks for this, Graham -- the restored Hard Days Night will be the first to be screened in my new home cinema -- glad to hear the quality of the Blu-Ray is stunning! (I've given up on finding an acceptable film print of Hard Days Night that isn't dupey, washed out, cruddy sound, etc.)

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC