8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » General Yak   » Lord Attenborough Dies

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Lord Attenborough Dies
Maurice Leakey
Film God

- posted August 25, 2014 01:37 AM      Profile for Maurice Leakey   Email Maurice Leakey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Oscar winning director, Richard Attenborough, has died at the age of 90. Lord Attenborough had been in a Nursing Home for a number of years. He died on Sunday 24 August.

--------------------
Maurice

|  IP: Logged

Jonathan Trevithick
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted August 25, 2014 02:13 AM      Profile for Jonathan Trevithick   Email Jonathan Trevithick   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Was only watching "Chaplin" on blu-ray last week. RIP Dickie. "Gandhi" was probably the first grown up movie I ever saw at the cinema. I also loved his underrated "Cry Freedom".

David Ollerearnshaw
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted August 25, 2014 03:38 AM      Profile for David Ollerearnshaw   Author's Homepage   Email David Ollerearnshaw   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
A great charterer actor in his early career. Who made the move to a multi career not only acting, but producing and directing.

One of the greats for British films.

Quite well represented on super 8 over the years.

He was Knighted in 1976.

Goodbye Dickie.

--------------------
I love the smell of film in the morning.

http://www.thereelimage.co.uk/

Maurice Leakey
Film God

- posted August 25, 2014 04:00 AM      Profile for Maurice Leakey   Email Maurice Leakey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I've just read that Richard, due to deteriorating health, moved into the London nursing home to be with his wife, Lady Attenborough, better known as actress, Sheila Sim.

--------------------
Maurice

Paul Adsett
Film God

- posted August 25, 2014 09:23 AM      Profile for Paul Adsett     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I always remember the impression he made on me in the British crime thriller ' Brighton Rock'.

--------------------
The best of all worlds- 8mm, super 8mm, 9.5mm, and HD Digital Projection,
Elmo GS1200 f1.0 2-blade
Eumig S938 Stereo f1.0 Ektar
Panasonic PT-AE4000U digital pj

Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted August 25, 2014 04:06 PM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
10 Rillington Place for me Paul, watched it as a kid and has etched in my memory ever since.. Just suberb acting from a true British legend.

--------------------
"C'mon Baggy..Get with the beat"

Paul Adsett
Film God

- posted August 25, 2014 04:37 PM      Profile for Paul Adsett     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes, that was a real chiller Andrew, and it was all true! Bodies bricked up inside a terraced home, I can still remember when the Christie murders were reported in the British press. True Gothic horror, worthy of an Edgar Allen Poe novel or Vincent Price movie.

--------------------
The best of all worlds- 8mm, super 8mm, 9.5mm, and HD Digital Projection,
Elmo GS1200 f1.0 2-blade
Eumig S938 Stereo f1.0 Ektar
Panasonic PT-AE4000U digital pj

Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted August 25, 2014 04:42 PM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
I was a little young at the time Paul to have read the papers ha ha, but as you say, a spine chilling tale and an acting performance up there with Mr Hopkins in Silence... Just spine chillingly memorable!

--------------------
"C'mon Baggy..Get with the beat"

Clyde Miles
Expert Film Handler

- posted August 25, 2014 06:25 PM      Profile for Clyde Miles     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
lew moran, flight of the phoenix, superb

Paul Mason
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted August 26, 2014 02:59 AM      Profile for Paul Mason     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
He will be remembered for many things in a busy generous life. His direction of Oh What a Lovely War, Gandhi and Cry Freedom in particular. Our thoughts are with his wife Sheila, brother David and family.

--------------------
Paul.

Ken Finch
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted August 26, 2014 02:44 PM      Profile for Ken Finch   Email Ken Finch   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
A very sad loss to the British film industry. What a great guy.
Watched a very fitting and moving tribute to him on BBC1 last night. He will be sadly missed by so many, both within and outside the industry. It is fortunate he has left us the legacy of his many films which we can watch and learn hopefully learn from. Ken Finch.

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC