8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » General Yak   » FILM Ferrania (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: FILM Ferrania
John Richard Almond
Expert Film Handler

- posted September 30, 2014 01:37 PM      Profile for John Richard Almond     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/filmferrania/100-more-years-of-analog-film

Any thoughts on this guys.

Im undecided at the moment. seems like they should have done something like this much earlier, they have only until 29th october 2014 to get to $250,000........sheeeeesh

|  IP: Logged

Dominique De Bast
Film God

- posted September 30, 2014 02:00 PM      Profile for Dominique De Bast   Email Dominique De Bast   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
thanks for the link and the info. Although I suscribed to the Ferrania mailing list, I didn't know about this part of the project. The video is interesting for those who are interested in filmstock revival. The amount needed is not small but I hope they can make it. It seems that it will depend on us. Added to my message : Waw, in a few minutes (the time to Watch the video and write the preeceding lines), they got more than 6.000 $. They were a little Under 10,000 $ and when I refreshed the page, the amount was 16,349 $ !!!

--------------------
Dominique

Vidar Olavesen
Film God

- posted September 30, 2014 02:52 PM      Profile for Vidar Olavesen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Didn't have to much extra to give, but better than nothing at all I suppose

Crossing my fingers for the success of saving this equipment

Dominique De Bast
Film God

- posted September 30, 2014 04:40 PM      Profile for Dominique De Bast   Email Dominique De Bast   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
42,932 $ at the moment !

--------------------
Dominique

Rob Koeling
Master Film Handler

- posted September 30, 2014 05:07 PM      Profile for Rob Koeling     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
$45,223....

This will be funded before the weekend!

(increased to $45,363 while typing the line above)

John Richard Almond
Expert Film Handler

- posted September 30, 2014 06:02 PM      Profile for John Richard Almond     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
backers
$51,434
pledged of $250,000 goal

Dominique De Bast
Film God

- posted October 01, 2014 08:27 AM      Profile for Dominique De Bast   Email Dominique De Bast   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
98,036 $ so far.

--------------------
Dominique

Dominique De Bast
Film God

- posted October 01, 2014 05:49 PM      Profile for Dominique De Bast   Email Dominique De Bast   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Amazing : they already reached 50 % of the goal : 125,348 $ !

--------------------
Dominique

John Richard Almond
Expert Film Handler

- posted October 01, 2014 11:33 PM      Profile for John Richard Almond     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
half way there

2554 backers

Dominique De Bast
Film God

- posted October 04, 2014 01:39 AM      Profile for Dominique De Bast   Email Dominique De Bast   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
176,395 $ collected. 73,605 $ more and the goal is reached. Let's hope...

--------------------
Dominique

Bryan Chernick
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted October 06, 2014 11:23 AM      Profile for Bryan Chernick   Email Bryan Chernick   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I just put my pledge in for a cartridge of Super 8 film and a sticker pack. I'm a little upset that they don't have Regular 8mm film on that list. They are getting close, right now they are at $203,687. Compared to another Kickstarter that I donated to, New55 film, they are doing quite well. New55 film was not looking good until a huge surge the last few days of the campaign. From what I have read the surge at the end is normal so Ferrania shouldn't have much trouble making their goal with 23 days remaining.

Dominique De Bast
Film God

- posted October 07, 2014 09:11 AM      Profile for Dominique De Bast   Email Dominique De Bast   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
211,443 $ 22 days to go

--------------------
Dominique

Clay Smith
Expert Film Handler

- posted October 07, 2014 07:55 PM      Profile for Clay Smith   Email Clay Smith   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It's going to make the 250,000 goal. At about 215K right now with 21 days to go. I got in it early with the 3 pack of Super 8, thinking of it as an investment for my next film project in 2015.
The current film project (my first since 1980) is moving along nicely. I've got great support from my cast and the local businesses, it's a shoe string budget for sure but I've been able to fund it all myself. Okay, i'm a little in debt but the worst of the $$ is over. Hey, it's only rock and roll. Anyway, Go Ferrania. If you haven't already, take a look at it.
www.kickstarter.com/projects/filmferrania/100-more-years-of-analog-film

Dominique De Bast
Film God

- posted October 08, 2014 04:50 PM      Profile for Dominique De Bast   Email Dominique De Bast   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
226,354 $

--------------------
Dominique

Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted October 08, 2014 04:57 PM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
Looking good Dominique!!

--------------------
"C'mon Baggy..Get with the beat"

Dominique De Bast
Film God

- posted October 08, 2014 05:51 PM      Profile for Dominique De Bast   Email Dominique De Bast   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I am keeping my fingers crossed, Andrew !

--------------------
Dominique

John Richard Almond
Expert Film Handler

- posted October 08, 2014 06:06 PM      Profile for John Richard Almond     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
getting close..................just wondering, if it goes beyond the target, what happens?

Dominique De Bast
Film God

- posted October 08, 2014 06:16 PM      Profile for Dominique De Bast   Email Dominique De Bast   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
From what I understood, the project is not funded if the target is not reached.

--------------------
Dominique

John Richard Almond
Expert Film Handler

- posted October 10, 2014 06:21 PM      Profile for John Richard Almond     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
backers
$240,130
pledged of $250,000 goal
days to go

$150 equates to £94 for the three super 8 pack, thats £31 per cart and considering that the cheapest over here is std 8mm at £33.99 its got to be worth a punt, Also and forgive me if this is stated somewhere, does the pledge include postage?

And if the target is reached can people still pledge? Ive had a good look on the kickstarter page but cannot find an answer

I have just pledged any way................

Dominique De Bast
Film God

- posted October 11, 2014 01:35 AM      Profile for Dominique De Bast   Email Dominique De Bast   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
They have added an advantage : processing will be free for the Super 8 and 16 mm films bought during the raising of funds. John Richard, from what I see with Kickstartes other projects, it is possible to pledge after the required amount is reached. The postage is included to receive the films but if you want to take benefit of the free process, you will have to pay for the shipping to Italy.

--------------------
Dominique

John Richard Almond
Expert Film Handler

- posted October 11, 2014 06:45 AM      Profile for John Richard Almond     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes, I read that last night Dominique. seems an even better deal now

Joe Balitzki
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted October 11, 2014 10:11 AM      Profile for Joe Balitzki   Email Joe Balitzki   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I sent them a message to please consider Sound Striped Super 8mm cartridges. A long-shot I'm sure, but who knows? There are so many who would purchase it if only it would come back.

--------------------
Movie Lovers Do It in the Dark

Dominique De Bast
Film God

- posted October 11, 2014 11:13 AM      Profile for Dominique De Bast   Email Dominique De Bast   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
245,268 $ 18 days to go.

--------------------
Dominique

Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted October 11, 2014 01:47 PM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
I totally agree Joe, S8 film would definitely have to be able to carry a sound stripe in this era for it to still remain attractive to the masses who would want to still use film I would guess. As beautiful as film can look, I know I wouldn't want to shoot silent footage these days.

After making a two hour sound film in Florida in the mid 90's, it would be too much of a backward step for me I have to say.

Now if it was pre-striped stock, then that would be a completely different proposition, and one that really would bring back the excitement of filming again to me.

--------------------
"C'mon Baggy..Get with the beat"

Dominique De Bast
Film God

- posted October 11, 2014 05:05 PM      Profile for Dominique De Bast   Email Dominique De Bast   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
black and white sound film : http://theoldfilmcompany.com/Page4_13.htm

--------------------
Dominique

All times are Central
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC