8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » General Yak   » Had a little laugh to myself!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Had a little laugh to myself!
Barry Attwood
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted October 04, 2014 04:35 AM      Profile for Barry Attwood   Email Barry Attwood   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I've just had a print in of the Derann release "Ubove Us The Waves", it's in its original boxes, and has Derann's original artwork as well, I started looking at it, and I started to smile, this was and always has been a B/W film, so when I looked in the corner it states 'Super 8 colour sound'. Now this print could be around 40 years old now, and I wonder how many people who've owned it spotted Derann's mistake (I wonder if they ever spotted it?).

You never know what's going to turn up with 8mm, do you!

|  IP: Logged

Martin Jones
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted October 04, 2014 10:48 AM      Profile for Martin Jones     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Did they also make the title mistake.... "Ubove us the Waves"?

--------------------
Retired TV Service Engineer
Ongoing interest in Telecine....

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted October 04, 2014 12:39 PM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I love super 8! (well, there's a painfully obvious statement!!)

I am still startled as to how much great stuff was actually released on Super 8, whether magnetic or optical sound! Titles you wouldn't imagine being on super 8 ...

... and that is not even taking into account as to what was released in Germany exclusively, or japan, (still trying to find that one out!), Italy ect ect ...

LONG LIVE SUPER 8!!!

--------------------
"All these moments will be lost in time, just like ... tears, in the rain. "

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC