8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » General Yak   » October ... let the projectors run ...

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: October ... let the projectors run ...
Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted October 06, 2014 12:13 PM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I may be getting lazy in my autumn years (well, almost 49), but I don't watch too much super 8 from about May through September, except to scrutinize films for sale or to watch an occasional short film, as I hate having to put up all those danged blankets and such over all the windows ...

but haha .. heehee! It's October, the sun is already going down as of 7 O clock at night, and were getting into the fun film watching time of the year, in which my projectors are clicking away almost every other night.

I LOOOVE the cooler times of the year!

Butter the popcorn honey, were watching celluloid tonight!!! [Big Grin]

--------------------
"All these moments will be lost in time, just like ... tears, in the rain. "

|  IP: Logged

Timothy Duncan
Expert Film Handler

- posted October 17, 2014 03:54 PM      Profile for Timothy Duncan   Email Timothy Duncan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm with you Osi! Let's not forget the theater candy either!

David Baker
Expert Film Handler

- posted October 18, 2014 10:48 AM      Profile for David Baker   Email David Baker   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes Osi - and with HALLOWEEN just a few weeks away - it's time to dig up ALL my HORROR Super8MM films and set up my Mini- Drive - In theater in the backyard ...and Shock the neighborhood ! [Eek!] [Eek!]

--------------------
Dave

Timothy Duncan
Expert Film Handler

- posted October 18, 2014 01:08 PM      Profile for Timothy Duncan   Email Timothy Duncan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey David,
Will the shock value be in the films themselves or the fact that someone still owns an operating film projector in the year 2014? (LOL!)
-Tim

UPDATE: I'm no longer a 'junior', but a 'film handler'! Sweeeet!

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted October 18, 2014 01:32 PM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Being that my wife has an enormous sweet tooth, we never lack in sweets about the house. But popcorn, most definitely a must!

As of recently, I've really gotten into classic movie trailers, the ole B/W's. In many cases, they are an art form in and of themselves and in the best cases, really represent the features well. In rare cases, even more entertaining than the features films.

However, for those who already love the feature films that they represent, it can be fun to find shots or even pieces of scenes in the trailers, that are not in the features, (as the trailers are often put together before the final cut of the feature is ready to go.

--------------------
"All these moments will be lost in time, just like ... tears, in the rain. "

David Baker
Expert Film Handler

- posted October 18, 2014 01:56 PM      Profile for David Baker   Email David Baker   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Most likely it's going to be the SHOCK that someone has a FILM projector out in their backyard !

--------------------
Dave

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC