8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » General Yak   » The Doctor Who Thread

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: The Doctor Who Thread
Christian Bjorgen
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted December 05, 2014 02:17 PM      Profile for Christian Bjorgen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Seeing as there's quite alot of brits here (and fans abroad, I am sure!) I thought it was time we had a Who-thread here.

What's your Who-story?

For me, it startedat the age of six when BBC Prime, the Norwegian locale of BBC, starting showing Pertwee episodes back in 1996. I used to watch it after school, and quickly became a fan! In 2002 the channel was dropped from our provider, sadly, but when it returned in 2005 I started watching again.

I consider DW one of my all time favorites, and I am lucky enough to have all the released episodes on my computer (digital copies of the DVDs that me and two friends co-own), gathered over the years.

Some favorites:
Favorite Serials: "Power of the Daleks", "Enemy of the World", "Genesis of the Daleks", "Inferno", "The Aztecs" to name a few. Impossible to say just one.
Favorite Doctor: Pat Troughton and Peter Capaldi
Favorite Companion: Jamie McCrimmon
Biggest Who Dream/Wish: Recovery of "Marco Polo", "Power of the Daleks" and all my other missing favorites.

--------------------
Well who’s on first? Yeah. Go ahead and tell me. Who. The guy on first. Who. The guy playin’ first base. Who. The guy on first. Who is on first! What are you askin’ me for? I’m askin’ you!

|  IP: Logged

David Ollerearnshaw
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted December 05, 2014 03:48 PM      Profile for David Ollerearnshaw   Author's Homepage   Email David Ollerearnshaw   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Always been a fan of Dr Who. Who on here used to hide behind the settee when the Daleks appeared?

I prefer the older ones up to Sylvester McCoy. Inferno just watched again. This was one of the earthbound episodes. Not too keen on the new ones.

Ebay had a couple of episodes on 16mm for sale a few months ago.

--------------------
I love the smell of film in the morning.

http://www.thereelimage.co.uk/

Jonathan Trevithick
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted December 05, 2014 08:27 PM      Profile for Jonathan Trevithick   Email Jonathan Trevithick   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I was brought up in the late Pertwee era and was then a Tom Baker addict. "Genesis of the Daleks" with its World War Two parallels, rivals any of the current stories. I loved the revival but stopped watching when Matt Smith took over. I am back on board with Peter Capaldi, however.
Let's not forget the Peter Cushing movies, both of which I have as Walton features.
The Doctor Who experience in Cardiff is also well worth visiting. I went there on my UK visit last year and had a great time.

Barry Attwood
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted December 06, 2014 04:25 AM      Profile for Barry Attwood   Email Barry Attwood   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I've got nearly every colour episode (I'm missing 2 Sylvester McCoy stories) including every episode from the revival with Christopher Ecclestone to Peter Capaldi. My brother and I just love it in all its various guises and forms, my favourite 'Classic' Doctor has to be Jon Pertwee and his famous gurning scenes when being attacked/throttled etc.

Mark Silvester
Master Film Handler

- posted December 06, 2014 06:38 AM      Profile for Mark Silvester     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I just could not comment on this thread...Dr Who lives because it relates to the generation that watches and experiences it - just like James Bond. I was born in 61 so may favourite "Who's" were Troughton and Pertwee. I loved Jon Pertwee....the best episodes for me.."Sea Devils" but especially "The Daemons"...that was Jon Pertwee's favourite..great one!

--------------------
Mark Silvester

David Skillern
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted December 06, 2014 06:43 AM      Profile for David Skillern   Email David Skillern   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Jon pertwee was my favourite even though I think the revival is great - my father took me to see Jon petwee in cabaret when we were on holiday in Margate back in the early 1970's - I was only a kid - but he was bloody great - very funny and at the height of his doctor who tenure.

David

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC