8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » General Yak   » Projector and Platter on the move

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Projector and Platter on the move
Graham Ritchie
Film God

- posted December 22, 2014 11:50 PM      Profile for Graham Ritchie   Email Graham Ritchie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
After sitting in the garage for the last three years I noticed things are beginning to rust up a bit, so I decided that if this stuff was to survive the coming years I really needed to do something..so I did... built a new insulated home for the platter and Bauer.
 -
 -
I made a frame and fitted wheels to the Bauer..so the projector came in handy supporting stuff.
 -
 -
A bit of a mess at that stage...but coming along fine...well that's all the photos I am allowed to post "max" more to follow to show the final results once someone here says something

[Big Grin]

|  IP: Logged

Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted December 22, 2014 11:56 PM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
Holy Cabooses as Barnaby Tucker once said! That sure is dedication to the hobby Graham. Hope you get there soon,you sure have your work cut out!

--------------------
"C'mon Baggy..Get with the beat"

Jonathan Trevithick
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted December 23, 2014 02:07 AM      Profile for Jonathan Trevithick   Email Jonathan Trevithick   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Looking forward to seeing the end product, Graham!

Graham Ritchie
Film God

- posted December 23, 2014 03:41 AM      Profile for Graham Ritchie   Email Graham Ritchie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I ran the first film two nights ago using the platter and the old Ernemann2 projector. I really was not sure how everything was going to work together under this new and better set up.

The platter ran smooth and quiet and ran perfect as did with the 85 year old projector. I intend to work on the Bauer U4 projector in a couple of months...but its now time to take a bit of a break.
 -
 -
The Bauer has power and everything turret etc still works, however it will have to wait a wee while as there are some things I want to do to it in the very near future.
 -
 -
I built a new bench out of left overs....Its been a lot of work but its amazing what you can do on a very limited budget with a skill saw, a drill press, jig saw.. and a cordless drill. [Smile]

Brian Fretwell
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted December 23, 2014 06:47 AM      Profile for Brian Fretwell   Email Brian Fretwell   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Good work, well done. Have a good rest over Christmas.

Graham Ritchie
Film God

- posted December 23, 2014 02:41 PM      Profile for Graham Ritchie   Email Graham Ritchie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks...

lining up the new pulley's took quite a bit of time.
 -
 -
 -
It took a while to thread everything up and I must admit to being a little nervous starting the new projector/platter set up. But everything ran well...thank goodness.
 -
The thing is, as film and film projection has all but disappeared in the wake of Digital, its more important than ever to retain some of this stuff, rather than let it all head to the scrap.

Graham

Paul Adsett
Film God

- posted December 23, 2014 07:13 PM      Profile for Paul Adsett     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
The thing is, as film and film projection has all but disappeared in the wake of Digital, its more important than ever to retain some of this stuff, rather than let it all head to the scrap.

Absolutely Graham, there is no doubt that you are preserving an important piece of film history in your garage. Well done indeed!

--------------------
The best of all worlds- 8mm, super 8mm, 9.5mm, and HD Digital Projection,
Elmo GS1200 f1.0 2-blade
Eumig S938 Stereo f1.0 Ektar
Panasonic PT-AE4000U digital pj

David Ollerearnshaw
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted December 24, 2014 09:17 AM      Profile for David Ollerearnshaw   Author's Homepage   Email David Ollerearnshaw   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Things were certainly better made in the older days. Maybe over engineered, but built to last more than a life time.

Unlike modern stuff my Panasonic DVD recorder has twice had the drive repaired.

--------------------
I love the smell of film in the morning.

http://www.thereelimage.co.uk/

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC