8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » General Yak   » Any UK Chap a Handy Lathe turner type please.

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Any UK Chap a Handy Lathe turner type please.
Mark Todd
Film God

- posted April 11, 2015 02:29 PM      Profile for Mark Todd     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hoping to find a handy UK lad to do a small turn on a lathe for me.

Is there anyone who can do this please.

Thanks Mark.

|  IP: Logged

Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted April 11, 2015 02:48 PM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
Since my place of work started to sub contract ALL machining jobs out just over 18 months ago, I find the best places to get small jobs done for reasonable money now for personal work, are the Technical Colleges and the few Engineering Training Centres that exist up and down the country.

It gives valuable experience to the apprentices while giving you the work you require at a reasonable cost Mark.

The couple of times I have used this service, I have been completely satisfied with standard of workmanship achieved and all the jobs have come back to me within the tolerances I specified on my submitted drawings.

--------------------
"C'mon Baggy..Get with the beat"

Ken Finch
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted April 12, 2015 11:27 AM      Profile for Ken Finch   Email Ken Finch   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Mark, I suggest you try contacing your local model engineering club. I have found them most helpful ken Finch.

Mark Todd
Film God

- posted April 12, 2015 03:12 PM      Profile for Mark Todd     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Ken and Andrew thansk for the advice, I was hoping for a cine chap so he could try it at the time.

But might be a good option so thank you.

Best Mark.

Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted April 12, 2015 03:22 PM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
I only wish I still had access to a lathe for you Mark, but sadly, no longer. I hope you get fixed up soon pal. Let us know how you get along.

If the part can be removed in advance and sent by post, this will give you the best possibility of having it machined or a replica made for the best possible price I feel.

--------------------
"C'mon Baggy..Get with the beat"

Paul Browning
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted April 13, 2015 11:44 AM      Profile for Paul Browning   Email Paul Browning   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Mark, what you trying to get made?, pm me with the details or pictures if possible.

Pete Richards
Master Film Handler

- posted April 15, 2015 07:04 AM      Profile for Pete Richards   Email Pete Richards   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Alternatively, is it something that could be 3D Printed?

Mark Todd
Film God

- posted April 15, 2015 07:19 AM      Profile for Mark Todd     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Pete I need a little bit of skimming, turning off a lens so it fits thanks.

Paul B may be able to help me.

Best Mark. Thanks.

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC