8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » General Yak   » Greetings

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Greetings
Phil Betts
Junior

- posted February 01, 2016 01:28 PM      Profile for Phil Betts   Email Phil Betts   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Just a quick hello and introduction. My name is Phil and I've have recently become quite attached (addicted) to this fun pastime. I've lurked here for quite some time and gleaned considerable advice about what standard 8mm I would choose. I found a Bolex/Paillard M8 on the Ebay for $75. Pristine is the only thing that comes to mind. Like it came from a store with flawless case (and key), instruction book, oil, etc. Looks like everything it came with is there. Such a pretty piece too.

I was aware from childhood that there were family holiday films floating and just as quickly was recruited by a cousin to do the transfer. Because I had copied some VHS tapes for her years ago, it was assumed this was the same! I'm into the beginning phases of the project and will certainly look for tips and advice and hope to share what I've learned along the way.

Thanks for the help so far! It's been appreciated!

--------------------
I don't feel like an old man. I feel like a young man with something wrong.

|  IP: Logged

Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted February 01, 2016 01:38 PM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
Welcome Phil, and just as with Barbara today, you are in good hands here for telecine conversions with people like Janice etc who have considerable experience apparently of doing this type of work.

Let us know how you progress with your project Phil and best of luck with it. [Smile]

--------------------
"C'mon Baggy..Get with the beat"

Pasquale DAlessio
Film God

- posted February 01, 2016 01:46 PM      Profile for Pasquale DAlessio     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Phil WELCOME TO THE FORUM!!! [Big Grin]

Janice Glasser is the transfer guru. Plus she is really cool!

Jim Schrader
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted February 01, 2016 04:31 PM      Profile for Jim Schrader   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Welcome Phil another Minnesotan to join 😎

--------------------
jim schrader
"Let's see “do I have that title already?"

Douglas Warren
Master Film Handler

- posted February 01, 2016 08:45 PM      Profile for Douglas Warren     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Welcome Phil and you'll find many friendly folks here to lend a helping hand.

--------------------
Turn out the lights,the movie is starting!

William Olson
Master Film Handler

- posted February 02, 2016 08:52 PM      Profile for William Olson   Email William Olson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Welcome Phil. Many members like myself have knowledge and experience with regard to telecine. I can tell you for starters that it's challenging, educational and rewarding.

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted February 03, 2016 12:30 PM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Welcome! May you have as much jolly good fun as we all tend to have on here!!! [Big Grin]

--------------------
"All these moments will be lost in time, just like ... tears, in the rain. "

Jonathan Bridge
Junior

- posted February 05, 2016 08:03 PM      Profile for Jonathan Bridge   Email Jonathan Bridge   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi I am Jonathan ,a few years ago I was given a Hanimex Dual-matic 8mm silent projector, last year bought a mint Pallas Soundmatic 707 magnetic sound projector and this year a Sankyo 1000 H projector managed to find a drive belt on Ebay and a new Halogen bulb , its a great machine, the lens zooms to a good size, looking forward to find more movies < Cheers

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC