8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » General Yak   » Wolverine film2digital scanner

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Wolverine film2digital scanner
Trevor Adams
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted August 15, 2016 09:06 PM      Profile for Trevor Adams   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Just been having a play with one of these.It does standard and super-quite well,I reckon. Trouble is the speed is 30 fps.Must be some way(yes,I know,buy a more expensive machine!)of modifying this.....

--------------------
Trevor

|  IP: Logged

Trevor Adams
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted August 16, 2016 05:43 AM      Profile for Trevor Adams   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Golly,I was after some 200ft reels to put family flicks on-to be transferred to digital.I found it cheaper to buy boxed 200ft films here-to get the reels,than it was to buy empty reels in the USA.Even though the reels I was looking at on the bay were only $4.50 each. Humungous postal fees made them very expensive reels!

--------------------
Trevor

Ty Reynolds
Film Handler

- posted August 16, 2016 07:50 PM      Profile for Ty Reynolds   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I don't know about modifying the machine, but you could render the NTSC file to PAL in an editing program.

Me, I'd like to modify it to at least a 400-foot capacity.

Your post is the first I've heard of this machine - it appears to be very new with no user reviews that I could find. How about it?

Tom Spielman
Master Film Handler

- posted August 17, 2016 10:06 AM      Profile for Tom Spielman   Email Tom Spielman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If it's the one I've seen, various incarnations have been around for a few years. It works by capturing stills of the film you feed through manually. You have to use software to stitch the images back into a movie.

Wolverine F2D converter

Ty Reynolds
Film Handler

- posted August 17, 2016 10:44 AM      Profile for Ty Reynolds   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
No, this one is specifically for 8mm and super 8. It captures in mpg4.

http://secure.mm5server.com/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=WD&Product_Code=F2DMM100&Attributes=Yes&Quantity=1

Trevor Adams
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted August 19, 2016 11:00 PM      Profile for Trevor Adams   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
That is right Ty.I've scanned my old late 50s-early 60s wedding-type Standard 8mm 50fters. It works well.On Quicktime Player, 30fps is a bit disconcerting but with iMovie or Google Drive,speed can be altered satisfactorily.Definition is very good and the old Kodachrome can't be faulted really.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9jzXrR1Dmfw

--------------------
Trevor

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC