8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » General Yak   » eBay seller monsterthing

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: eBay seller monsterthing
Evan Samaras
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted September 17, 2016 10:46 PM      Profile for Evan Samaras   Author's Homepage   Email Evan Samaras   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I recently purchased Voyage of Sinbad part 3 & 4 from this seller. Before bidding I asked him how the colors have held up. He reported "very good" he stated that something about his storage method must have maintained the colors on his films well.

Well, I won, and when the film arrived, you can guess that it was Faded. Didn't see any remaining colors. Now the seller is stating that he viewed the film trough an editor and it had great colors, he is implying that I must have switched out films, or done something wrong. Even went as far as saying that maybe the heat during transport caused it (haha).

Fortunately eBay has ruled in my favor for a return but he is persistent about contacting them again for some reason. He thinks I am trying to set back my money without sending the films back. Meanwhile my label is already printed for the return. I was wondering if anyone else has had any interactions with this seller/person as well. His name is James Harry.

--------------------
...When there's no more room in hell, the dead will walk the Earth...

|  IP: Logged

Terry Sills
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted September 18, 2016 07:41 AM      Profile for Terry Sills     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Not had any dealings, but well done for naming and shaming. We need to know these unscrupulous people so as to be able to avoid them. Is he based in the USA?

Maurice Leakey
Film God

- posted September 18, 2016 08:40 AM      Profile for Maurice Leakey   Email Maurice Leakey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Here is the seller.
http://www.ebay.com/sch/monsterthing/m.html?_ipg=50&_sop=12&_rdc=1

--------------------
Maurice

Evan Samaras
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted September 18, 2016 11:31 AM      Profile for Evan Samaras   Author's Homepage   Email Evan Samaras   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
He has 100% feedback and a lot of reviews, but I guess it's not the first time that happened to me. He was quick to respond, but I am disappointed that he remains persistent that the film had great color, he started implying I switched out the reels. Then he became upset that I went through eBay to complete the return. He didn't want to accept the return, but for me to just send it back so he can check it first. Too shady for my liking so I escalated the claim. I don't want to shame anyone, it could be have been a misunderstanding, but his responses have been quite defensive

--------------------

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted September 19, 2016 11:22 AM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hmm, I'm thibnking about bidding on a cartoon that he has for sale, but I'm re-thinking now.

--------------------
"All these moments will be lost in time, just like ... tears, in the rain. "

Evan Samaras
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted September 19, 2016 03:16 PM      Profile for Evan Samaras   Author's Homepage   Email Evan Samaras   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
His responses are mixed. Sometimes he appears to be cordial, sometimes it feels less so, to put it lightly. Maybe it was just a mistake or misunderstanding. He stated he has never had a return before and didn't know how to handle it. Sounds odd, but who knows. I will update the post according to his response after the return is received.

--------------------

Terry Sills
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted September 19, 2016 03:32 PM      Profile for Terry Sills     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
What utter rubbish. If the customer is unhappy then it's a simple matter of return and refund. I do not believe he does not know the procedure. It should also be accompanied by an apology. If you want to protect your feedback score it is the only way to go - the protocol in business is that the customer is always right - but we all know that is not always the case. But even if the customer is wrong his decision is paramount and must be respected.

Maurice Leakey
Film God

- posted September 20, 2016 04:38 AM      Profile for Maurice Leakey   Email Maurice Leakey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
His site says:-
"Seller does not offer returns. You are covered by the eBay Money Back Guarantee if you received an item that is not as described in the listing."
It does seem that Evan has a good case.

--------------------
Maurice

Mathew James
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted September 20, 2016 09:57 AM      Profile for Mathew James   Email Mathew James   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
This seller has over 800+ transactions with 100% feedback.
With that kind of credentials, I would have phoned him directly and talked with him nicely to see what he feels has happened.
Email can be brutal and miscommunication can happen.
It doesn't make sense to me that someone with those credentials would try to jeopardize it over a simple film unless he felt something has happened.
I don't like to choose sides, but it seems logical. Hopefully you can work something out, maybe put a cyan filter in front of it [Smile] [Smile]

--------------------
--
Cheers,
Matt 📽

Evan Samaras
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted October 06, 2016 05:35 PM      Profile for Evan Samaras   Author's Homepage   Email Evan Samaras   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I would think 100% at over 800 transactions is an excellent sign.

However, I am now confirming that this has been the most frustrating and annoying transaction I have ever been involved with.

Return process started....return label printed from ebay...

The package goes out, is then forwarded, travels around a little, and then come back to me. Apparently the seller moved. eBay then returned my money to me as my case was only going to remain open for another few days.

The seller contacts me, and is rude. I told him I have every intention of sending back the films, I do not want them. I ask him to provide me a label. He sends me some weird email with a picture/link from inside his own account to print the label. It didn't work. I asked him to send me the label another way. He stated that it would not print because 24 hours have passed (I understand this can happen- It has happened to me before).

Instead of printing me a new label, he asks to send me the money via paypal for shipping. Fine, I agree. He gets upset because I didn't provide him with my email, but finds it regardless (I assume through PayPal) I confirm the email address, he messages me saying he has sent me the money, but it never arrives on my end. Finally I decide I will just send him a request for the money, but he gets upset that he has to pay for more shipping. I urge him to contact PayPal and verify that I never received the money, but he still complains, and says that he will never sell on eBay again after all of his auctions expire.

The most frustrating part is that I receive emails from him hourly, some are duplicates, some are complaints, and some are about his life and why I should feel sorry for him.

In between messages he suggests that maybe the films turned red during mailing. My reply is that this is not something that I have ever heard of happening, and highly doubt it. Many emails later he states "I've never heard of films turning red in the mail. A new one for me."

He finally pays, label printed tonight, I will send out the films first thing in the morning. I can't wait for these films to return so I can delete the mailbox full of his messages.

--------------------

David Guest
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted October 06, 2016 05:55 PM      Profile for David Guest     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
if you paid by paypal then you have nothing to worry about file a claim with paypal as item as not described and you will get your money back but you may not get the postage .then leave him neg feedback

Evan Samaras
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted October 06, 2016 07:05 PM      Profile for Evan Samaras   Author's Homepage   Email Evan Samaras   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
David, I received my money, that's not the concern. Im not even frustrated at the situation, mistakes happen. The seller's attitude and behavior has been the frustrating factor

--------------------

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC