8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » General Yak   » Kodak Super 8 at the NAMM Show

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Kodak Super 8 at the NAMM Show
Bill Brandenstein
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted January 12, 2017 11:14 PM      Profile for Bill Brandenstein   Email Bill Brandenstein   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I get to disappoint you right up front by mentioning that The NAMM Show, one of the world's largest trade shows for music, musicians, instruments, and music technology, isn't open to the public. It's at the Anaheim, CA Convention Center next week, January 19-22, 2017.

So they're planning to have a demonstration of the Kodak Super 8 camera at a seminar entitled Kodak's Analog Film Renaissance – Now Impacting the Music Industry. Their reasoning is explained in the summary from the above link:
quote:

Presented by: David Pack

Why did Beyoncé record her latest music video using Kodak analog film? Why are so many major filmmakers and recording artists going back to analog – for film – and what does this film have that digital technology cannot yet match? Come for a fascinating discussion and some innovative examples of the latest music video and film technology, including Kodak's retro-new Super 8 analog film camera that will be demonstrated. Former Ambrosia singer/producer/writer David Pack will host this session, along with Steve Bellamy, President of Motion Picture and Entertainment for Eastman Kodak's consumer division, and some special guests.

Interesting! Hope it helps bring back Kodachrome and sells some cameras.

|  IP: Logged

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC