8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » General Yak   » This Crazy World

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: This Crazy World
Paul Adsett
Film God

- posted January 25, 2017 07:23 PM      Profile for Paul Adsett     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
This past weekend our water heater crapped out. It's at least 25 years old, or about 10 years beyond normal lifespan, and knowing the exhorbitant cost of any in-home repairs, I decided to just replace it.
So, I phoned up my local plumbing company and asked them "Do you sell and install water heaters". The reply " yes we do", followed by "do you want one with WiFi" !!!!!! I said "are you serious?
Well it turns out that the latest thing really is water heaters with built in WiFi so that you can have a "conversation" with it on your smart phone.
I told them to come with a basic standard water heater! [Big Grin]

--------------------
The best of all worlds- 8mm, super 8mm, 9.5mm, and HD Digital Projection,
Elmo GS1200 f1.0 2-blade
Eumig S938 Stereo f1.0 Ektar
Panasonic PT-AE4000U digital pj

|  IP: Logged

Steve Klare
Film Guy

- posted January 25, 2017 08:07 PM      Profile for Steve Klare   Email Steve Klare   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You have my sympathies, Paul.

Our new washing machine has WiFi...

-although two years down the road we still aren't sure exactly "Wi"!

--------------------
All I ask is a wide screen and a projector to light her by...

Tom Spielman
Master Film Handler

- posted January 25, 2017 08:45 PM      Profile for Tom Spielman   Email Tom Spielman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I agree that many of these "smart appliance" features are solutions looking for problems. There are real benefits to some of it. For example there are shutoff valves that can detect where there's a water leak while you're away, shut the water off and send you a notification that there's a problem.

Graham Ritchie
Film God

- posted January 25, 2017 11:27 PM      Profile for Graham Ritchie   Email Graham Ritchie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Now that's a good idea Tom [Cool]

Steve [Smile]

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC