8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » General Yak   » Its A Wonderful Life blu-ray

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Its A Wonderful Life blu-ray
Graham Ritchie
Film God

- posted February 26, 2017 04:38 PM      Profile for Graham Ritchie   Email Graham Ritchie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well what can I say, except that after watching it on Super 8 before Christmas and thinking that was quite good, then a few weeks ago this Platinum Anniversary Edition blu-ray arrived, which included both the latest B/W and the 2007 colorization from Legend Films. Using the latest technology and with the approval of Capra's Estate was released onto blu-ray in 2009.

I have to say that I have never been keen on colourization, but what this crowd has done is truly amazing. The detail is incredible, and watching it the other night to be honest, is light years ahead of my Super8 print, which sadly will now be destined to my Super8 archives. I haven't yet had a chance to view the B/W version on this blu-ray disc, but if its anything like this new colourised version it should be good.

Full marks to Legend Films for this incredible transformation.
 -
 -
 -
 -
 -

|  IP: Logged

David Guest
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted March 01, 2017 06:26 PM      Profile for David Guest     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
yes I have seen the colour version and its very good also some of the laurel and hardys ones are good to .I have a super print of this on 16mm I only wish it was the colour version

Daniel Macarone
Expert Film Handler

- posted March 03, 2017 09:36 AM      Profile for Daniel Macarone   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Graham, Is your Super 8 print from Niles? Ones that I've seen from Niles have scratches from source material that last about 10 minutes. I wondered if another Super 8 company released the movie in better quality.

Graham Ritchie
Film God

- posted March 03, 2017 06:49 PM      Profile for Graham Ritchie   Email Graham Ritchie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Daniel

Had a look at the leader on reel one and seven and cant find any ID as to where this print came from. On reel one goes straight into the Liberty introduction, Cant remember seeing any scratching that might have been from the original source/negative.

Mark Todd
Film God

- posted March 04, 2017 06:36 AM      Profile for Mark Todd     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Looks like one to get, wow.

Do you know I`ve never actually seen this film, only a clip of it.

Best Mark.

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC