8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » General Yak   » Very, Very, Interesting Filmie Doc.

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Very, Very, Interesting Filmie Doc.
Mark Todd
Film God

- posted February 27, 2017 11:38 AM      Profile for Mark Todd     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3TEgrdAlofk

Best Mark

|  IP: Logged

Evan Samaras
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted February 27, 2017 01:05 PM      Profile for Evan Samaras   Author's Homepage   Email Evan Samaras   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thank you for sharing this Mark!

--------------------
...When there's no more room in hell, the dead will walk the Earth...

Steve Klare
Film Guy

- posted February 27, 2017 04:23 PM      Profile for Steve Klare   Email Steve Klare   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
What they say about film as archival material is doubly true:

If you could beam a reel of film back to about the year 1650, some wise philosopher would say "'Tis a series of pictures, much the same, but slightly different, as if there is motion amongst them."

If he was mechanically inclined, he just might squeeze a moving image out of it. (Leonardo DaVinci could do it in an afternoon!)

-I'm not saying they wouldn't burn him as a witch, he'd just get to see Laurel and Hardy about 300 years early.

You beam a Blu-Ray back to about 1955, it winds up being a coaster under the coffee cup of even the brightest technical mind on the planet!

-building a player is not so simple!

--------------------
All I ask is a wide screen and a projector to light her by...

Mathew James
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted February 27, 2017 04:49 PM      Profile for Mathew James   Email Mathew James   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Nice find Mark! I found it fascinating to watch.

--------------------
--
Cheers,
Matt 📽

William Olson
Master Film Handler

- posted February 27, 2017 10:05 PM      Profile for William Olson   Email William Olson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Excellent. Thanks for sharing.

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted February 28, 2017 11:50 AM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Gee, it almost makes me want to look at every city, in the US, find out where a movie house was in the past, and start digging underneath for the treasures therein! [Smile]

--------------------
"All these moments will be lost in time, just like ... tears, in the rain. "

Graham Ritchie
Film God

- posted March 01, 2017 02:00 AM      Profile for Graham Ritchie   Email Graham Ritchie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Excellent Mark [Cool]

The same must apply to home movies as well. Today I came across more Standard 8 Kodachrome films at the bottom of an old box of film reels, what I quickly saw, the colours looks fantastic, and have added them to the already thousands of feet of Std 8 film now stored in a cool dry place, finding the time is the problem at the moment to sort this stuff out on a viewer. We really do need some place here for projectors "all sorts" and films to be safely stored and displayed, but unfortunatly there is not a lot of interest or money to do anything with all this stuff [Frown] .

Daniel Perry
Film Handler

- posted March 01, 2017 08:09 AM      Profile for Daniel Perry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Excellent documentary!

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC