8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » General Yak   » Wonder Woman

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Wonder Woman
David Hardy
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted June 07, 2017 03:50 AM      Profile for David Hardy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If you like this kind of stuff and have not seen it.
Go see it at the Cinema or Movie Theatre on a really
BIG SCREEN. It is an outstanding movie and the best of
the DC superhero films to date.

It is also one of the best anti-war films I have seen.

--------------------
" My equipment's more important than your rats. "

|  IP: Logged

Miles Shephard
Junior

- posted June 07, 2017 04:21 AM      Profile for Miles Shephard   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I've heard some good things about it. I may go this week. Thanks for the recommendation.

David Skillern
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted June 07, 2017 10:04 AM      Profile for David Skillern   Email David Skillern   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I thought the CGI wasn't very good and all in all a bit of a lack lustre affair - Chris Pine has been served better and Gal Gadot although looking the part - her dreadful accent and delivery spoilt it for me and my daughter.

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted June 07, 2017 11:28 AM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My personal opinion of the best superhero movie?

LOGAN

Despite the cussing in the film, I thought it was a glorious final chapter for the character.

--------------------
"All these moments will be lost in time, just like ... tears, in the rain. "

David Skillern
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted June 07, 2017 12:39 PM      Profile for David Skillern   Email David Skillern   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Whole Heartedly agree Osi - a wonderful film

Guy Taylor, Jr.
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted June 08, 2017 12:27 PM      Profile for Guy Taylor, Jr.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I enjoyed the movie myself. As to her accent, I think she absolutely nailed the Amazonian dialect. She is certainly a stunning beauty.

--------------------
Guy Taylor

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted June 08, 2017 01:18 PM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
BTW, they showed a picture of Lynda Carter (original TV Wonder Woman) and the new wonder woman together, and she (Lynda) is still quite the beauty! [Smile]

--------------------
"All these moments will be lost in time, just like ... tears, in the rain. "

David Skillern
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted June 08, 2017 02:53 PM      Profile for David Skillern   Email David Skillern   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Amazonian Dialect !!!! She had a French Accent and she was pretty useless - even though she looked good - good looks don't make up for a lack of talent in this role

Guy Taylor, Jr.
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted June 08, 2017 04:15 PM      Profile for Guy Taylor, Jr.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
How is it that she has a French accent? She was born and raised in Israel.

--------------------
Guy Taylor

David Skillern
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted June 09, 2017 09:40 AM      Profile for David Skillern   Email David Skillern   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My sincere apologies Guy but if you put her and a paper bag on the screen - I can guess who they'd give the Oscar to !!!

Alan Rik
Film God

- posted June 13, 2017 05:53 AM      Profile for Alan Rik   Email Alan Rik   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I saw this in my local cinema in ....70mm! Real film.
I thought it was great. She looked beautiful, her acting while not perfect was heartfelt and her sincerity in many of the scenes came through. The villain was a little over the top but was made up for by the fantastic battle sequences where she rushed into a field with only her shield, her sword, and of course her perfect hair! [Smile]
One of the better DC films I have seen to date since the original Dark Night. I prefer Patty Jenkins touch to Zack Snyder's.

Alexander Vandeputte
Expert Film Handler

- posted June 13, 2017 08:14 AM      Profile for Alexander Vandeputte     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
How did the 70mm print look ? I suppose the film was finished as Digital Intermediate and not photochemical (opposed as to what Christoper Nolan is doing with Dunkirk)

Alan Rik
Film God

- posted June 14, 2017 01:10 AM      Profile for Alan Rik   Email Alan Rik   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The film looked very sharp. I can't make a comparison to the Digital version but I saw "Kong:Skull Island" in both 70mm and Digital and the 70mm looked much sharper and smoother to my eyes. You can really tell the difference when you see a landscape shot-the 70mm had more detail than the digital. I saw Kong in this same theatre.

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC