8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » General Yak   » L&H Film

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: L&H Film
Joe Caruso
Film God

- posted September 18, 2018 06:07 PM      Profile for Joe Caruso     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Trailer available for the British-made film on The Boys, as particular during their tours - Caught it on FB - Not sure how it will be received - Shorty

|  IP: Logged

Mark Mander
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted September 19, 2018 04:12 AM      Profile for Mark Mander     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Joe,
I just saw the trailer,my son sent me a link yesterday, I'll be going to see it,film fans should be interested in it,Mark

--------------------
Elmo GS1200 1.0 lens
Elmo ST1200HD 1.1 lens
Sankyo 800 1.0 lens
Elmo 16CL
Elf NT1

Steve Klare
Film Guy

- posted September 19, 2018 08:12 AM      Profile for Steve Klare   Email Steve Klare   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It looks really great!

Stan and Ollie on YouTube

One of the filming locations is Dudley in the West Midlands, but I bet most people won't appreciate that the same way we do!

At least so far, there are no release dates in the Americas. (Road trip!...wait! No roads!)

--------------------
All I ask is a wide screen and a projector to light her by...

Simon Balderston
Expert Film Handler

- posted September 19, 2018 09:08 AM      Profile for Simon Balderston     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
looks good must see it but agree with joe

--------------------
kinema king

Steve Klare
Film Guy

- posted September 19, 2018 10:43 AM      Profile for Steve Klare   Email Steve Klare   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
This just might bring new interest in Laurel and Hardy. People these days tend to live in bubbles of their own lifetimes and every so often something like this has to remind them that they weren't born at the dawn of time.

The year Titanic came out, my wife was sitting in the cafeteria at work, and one of her co-workers said "It's such a sad story. It's a good thing nothing like that ever really happened.".

--------------------
All I ask is a wide screen and a projector to light her by...

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted September 19, 2018 10:59 AM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
At least these two actors looked a lot like the lads as of this time in they're life!

This is for Shorty and anyone else who could answer ...

In the end of the book, "The films of laurel and Hardy" (by the way, a truly excellent book on the lads and indispensible!), it talks about a specific skit that Stan wrote for they're last tour, (I believe) and from what i read about it, it appeared to be very good, (but then, Stan was always a great comedic writer!).

Does anyone know if anyone actually recorded this live skit on film?

--------------------
"All these moments will be lost in time, just like ... tears, in the rain. "

Joe Caruso
Film God

- posted September 19, 2018 03:44 PM      Profile for Joe Caruso     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
There is some footage of BIRDS OF A FEATHER (1953), for thier last tour - Broad sketch with a lot of humor so evident in their films - Stan's mind was wonderful in creating the ludicrous situations - I heard there is a scene in the film where some 'betrayal' is hinted at, as regards when Babe worked on Zenobia - Really was the opposite, Stan sent him a congrats telegram on the work - It is this kind of unnecessary dramatic slosh that will turn people's minds towards negativism on them - I've long-wanted to see a true bio-pic, yet it would have to be very concise. I feel it is better to simply display them as Youngson did. That acclaim you can't find today - Shorty

Mark Todd
Film God

- posted September 19, 2018 03:57 PM      Profile for Mark Todd     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Be good if Netflix would put the lads films on there for a really wide audience, they have got some nice older stuff lately.

Looking forward to this.

Off to run a L+H on the real stuff.

Best Mark.

PS mind you, youtbe is now full of them being enjoyed.

David Skillern
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted September 21, 2018 10:02 AM      Profile for David Skillern   Email David Skillern   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Mark,

Netflix might not have them on but Amazon Prime does.

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC